Fixing Calculation in Query (1 Viewer)

voxy

Local time
Today, 19:30
1606716209278.png

voxy

Local time
Halo Everyone, Please Help me about this MisCalculation in my Query.
the sum of the sisastok should Be Zero

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:30
OK, you suggest that you should get a zero for the named column. I can see that your field sisastok SEEMS to be based on the sign-adjusted values in fields Qty_terima and Qty_Keluar. But can you show us the SQL of the actual query? Also, what are the data types of the Qty_xxx columns?

When I do by hand what I think should be the correct computation by hand, it does balance. That means that what I am seeing there isn't based on the correct calculation. I.e. the "obvious" calculation is not occurring. So I have to ask you to show us what you told the computer to do for you.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:30
suspect these are doubles and you are not seeing the whole number - suggest widen the column - you will probably see something like '-E15' at the end.

also suggest in your calculation you use the round function to round to 1 or 2 dp's

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:30
Good point, CJ. I'm well aware of floating-point truncation issues but didn't consider that the number DISPLAYED was also visually truncated. Good catch.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:30
suspect these are doubles
Given the number of decimal places in the sum, this is a sure thing:)

Unless you need more than four decimal digits, the best solution to avoid floating point errors (which this is) is to use the Currency data type. Currency is BOTH a format AND a data type. The currency data type can be formatted as any valid numeric format. It doesn't always have to look like currency with a symbol and two decimal places.

Currency behind the scenes is a scaled integer. That means that all numbers are assumed to have four decimal digits. So 33 is stored as 330000. Calculations are rounded to the fourth decimal place so 33 + 12.56713 = 485671

voxy

Local time
Given the number of decimal places in the sum, this is a sure thing:)

Unless you need more than four decimal digits, the best solution to avoid floating point errors (which this is) is to use the Currency data type. Currency is BOTH a format AND a data type. The currency data type can be formatted as any valid numeric format. It doesn't always have to look like currency with a symbol and two decimal places.

Currency behind the scenes is a scaled integer. That means that all numbers are assumed to have four decimal digits. So 33 is stored as 330000. Calculations are rounded to the fourth decimal place so 33 + 12.56713 = 485671

thank you Pat,

my Problem has been solved.

thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom