Fn Key on Gigabyte Laptop (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:01
I don't expect anyone to know the answer to this but it is worth a try.

I recently purchased 3 Laptops. Gigabyte 2532.

The Fn key works on one machine but not on the other two.

Is there something in the setup I missed or is there a special combination of keys I need to turn this feature on.

When I press the Fn key on one Machine I get a Menu at the bottom of the screen.

The other two, nothing.

The only thing I am running which is non standard is a second screen.

I am using Windows 7 64 Bit.

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:01
When you first set up Windows, there's an option to choose your Keyboard Type. I recall there are 'English','English - Extended' options to name a couple. Might the 'Fn' facility only be available on the Extended keyboard options?

Just an idea ;)

54.69.6d.20

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:01
Check the drivers under control panel / device manager. You may need to update them. Not sure were you got the laptops, but most people want to remove their "stuff" and they only way they know how is to wipe and reload. Most cases they are not going to make sure that all the drivers installed or updated.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 13:01
Of course, it could also be an actual hardware issue. Are any other keys not working? Laptop keyboards are famous for this.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:01
Problem solved.

I did a bunch of searching and reading which did not really give me a definative answer.

I eventually reloaded the utilites that came with the machine and that fixed it.

I don't know why it didn't work the first time around. Maybe it was because I had something opened that I shouldn't have.

I did do a reboot before installation.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Much Appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom