Solved FollowHyperlink with a phone (1 Viewer)

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:47
Well, I want to know if I can make a clickable phone, in such a way that the user on the phone, when clicking, puts the number in the phonebook to call directly, as can be done with php.

Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:47
Hi. Are you asking if you can use VBA to do this? If so, how exactly are you running Access on your phone?

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
I have not explained myself well, sorry. I have a report from which I generate a pdf. I want if I send this pdf the text from a phone is clickable. You have mailto for email, and then tel. But I don't know if it can be done. Thanks.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have not explained myself well, sorry. I have a report from which I generate a pdf. I want if I send this pdf the text from a phone is clickable. You have mailto for email, and then tel. But I don't know if it can be done. Thanks.
Ah, okay, are you saying you want a phone number on the PDF to be clickable, so the user's phone would dial it?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Exactly that.
Okay, I could be wrong, but I think that functionality is dependent on the phone. Meaning, if you highlight a series of numbers on your phone, it should recognize it as a potential phone number and offer a choice to dial it.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
There are three properties for a tag that refer to the hyperlink. I hope to translate them well into English: "Is hyperlink", "Display as hyperlink" and "Objective of the hyperlink". Keep the first in Yes. The second in Always. And the third blank, which is the one that I have doubts about whether I have to write something. But if I leave the latter blank, in the pdf, when viewing it on the mobile and clicking on it, it does nothing. I think I have to add something to the objective of the hyperlink, but I would like it to be dynamic, to take a phone number that the user has previously entered in a data form, and if I update it tomorrow, I don't have I have to update the hyperlink.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
There are three properties for a tag that refer to the hyperlink. I hope to translate them well into English: "Is hyperlink", "Display as hyperlink" and "Objective of the hyperlink". Keep the first in Yes. The second in Always. And the third blank, which is the one that I have doubts about whether I have to write something. But if I leave the latter blank, in the pdf, when viewing it on the mobile and clicking on it, it does nothing. I think I have to add something to the objective of the hyperlink, but I would like it to be dynamic, to take a phone number that the user has previously entered in a data form, and if I update it tomorrow, I don't have I have to update the hyperlink.
I found this, see if it helps...

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I already knew that, because I have done it many times in html, but I want to know how to use that, if possible, in VBA.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I already knew that, because I have done it many times in html, but I want to know how to use that, if possible, in VBA.
Again, I am confused. How are you planning to execute VBA code from a phone?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:47
suspect what the OP is saying is he want's to create a pdf in VBA containing a phone number which when clicked calls the number. The pdf presumably ends up on the phone via email or whatsapp/whatever.

If this is the case, perhaps these links will help
https://community.adobe.com/t5/acro...-clickable-phone-numbers-in-pdfs/td-p/5822600 - also see the link contained within

In summary, sounds you need to add your hyperlink in your report including tel:12345967910
then save as a pdf using adobe acrobat or perhaps another pdf printer

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
For the tests I am doing, putting only the phone in the text box, on the mobile it only takes it depending on the application you use to view the PDFs. I have the Mega viewer and it doesn't work. However, I have another app and that one does, without the need for it to be a hyperlink or anything, it just recognizes the number as a phone automatically.

Thank you!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
For the tests I am doing, putting only the phone in the text box, on the mobile it only takes it depending on the application you use to view the PDFs. I have the Mega viewer and it doesn't work. However, I have another app and that one does, without the need for it to be a hyperlink or anything, it just recognizes the number as a phone automatically.

Thank you!
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom