Football/Soccer at the Olympics (1 Viewer)

redneckgeek

Local time
Today, 00:16
I'm unable to follow the sport - except during the Olympics and World Cup.
Should I just assume one of the South American teams (Brazil or Argentina) will win? Is it possible that some other country has something for them?

From what I read, the UK doesn't field a team for the Olympics?
(I'm guessing that the host countries are afraid of hooligans:D)

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Italia and the Franks have sported some good teams in the past.. Watch out for the ol U. S. of A. though. I got a feeling well be turning it on here soon enough.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:16
Wales, Scotland,Northern Ireland and England compete as Great Britain in the Olympics but as separate nations in world football. It is thought that if they could manage to agree a Great Britain team for the Olympics then they would be asked/forced to compete as one team in world football.

Brian

redneckgeek

Local time
That's a shame, really.
The field of 16 that made the Olympics looks rather boring. It's probably not even worth gambling on.

/off to see if there's a line posted yet

secretcrowds

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:16
The olympics isnt worth England entering a team, and the 'GB' team wouldnt even include any of the England players.

Its a waste of time for them, and it falls right at the start of the Premier League, so no-one will want to go to the olympics to compete for a meaningless medal, when they could be playing in Premier League matches.

Yeah, Brazil or Argentina is your best bet.

unless Uzbeckistan field a team..then your in trouble..
lol

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 21:16
How about Holland - and that covers my knowledge of the Olympics football tournament - Mascherano, Babel , Leiva.

Its a joke - the age restictions etc. Either do it properly - or not at all.

Its a perfect example of a sport that shouldn't be in the olympics - ie its nowhere near the pinnacle of the sports career. And the Olympics should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom