Force user to select a new option in a combo box after updating a date field (1 Viewer)

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:02
Hi all and Happy New Year!

I have an update status form and on it the user selects a new date with the date picker which enters into a text box 'OutOfServiceDate'
Next they must select their name from the 'PersonResponsible' Combo Box
And then if the next combo box 'Status' says "In Service" i have to ensure they change the status before saving the record with the Save Button.

I have been trying to find a solution that fits this but so far without success

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Sam

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
perhaps in the form before update event you can check the status field value and generate a message if it says 'in service'

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
perhaps in the form before update event you can check the status field value and generate a message if it says 'in service'
Thank you i will see what i can do?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
If they are putting in an OutOfService date, why not just change the status via code?

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
If they are putting in an OutOfService date, why not just change the status via code?
Yes that is a possibility but i have also given them other option of Awaiting Parts and of course the option to change from Out of Service to In Service? I will get back onto this tomorrow. Thank you for your help so far guys and I'll update tomorrow

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:02
Typically, the user would change the status and the app would change the status date to today. The user would NEVER touch the StatusDate. If you allow the user to enter the status date, you need to have rules that prevent it from being earlier from the previous value for example.

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Typically, the user would change the status and the app would change the status date to today. The user would NEVER touch the StatusDate. If you allow the user to enter the status date, you need to have rules that prevent it from being earlier from the previous value for example.
Yeah i hear you. I might just do that? It would be easier. I am working on this today so will post how i get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom