Form asking for to 'Enter Parameter Value' when try to open (1 Viewer)

SachAccess

Local time
Today, 20:55
Hi,

I have multiple forms in my DB. Some of the forms gets open without any issues.
For some of the forms am facing below issues.

For example, if I click to open form 'A', it asks me to enter parameter value.
There are two buttons with this input box, OK and Cancel.
Form gets opened, with some forms I get only one input box, for some it might be 2 or 3.

Even if I press cancel or enter any random value then only the form is visible.
This issue is not with all the forms. Can anyone please tell me what should I check in Form code to resolve this issues.
Thanks.

PS - Edited later, or is like that some of the tables associated with this form should have some data.
At present few of the tables did not have any data. Am not sure if this is the cause but I should share this information too.

Am filling dummy data in these tables and trying again to open the forms.
My apologies if I have provided very little or in-correct information about the issue.

Last edited:

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 11:25
If a form is asking for a parameter and that is not in the query the culprit is often something left in the form's properties
Filter
Order By
Ensure these are empty.

SachAccess

Local time
If a form is asking for a parameter and that is not in the query the culprit is often something left in the form's properties
Filter
Order By
Ensure these are empty.
Hi @MajP sir, thanks a lot for the guidance, will check these parts of my DB. Have a nice day ahead. :)

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 08:25
Check to be sure that the control source properties of all controls that are data bound,e.g text box, combo box, list box, etc are correct, i.e actual data fields /columns in tables.

The field name might have been changed in the table after you created the form.

SachAccess

Local time
Check to be sure that the control source properties of all controls that are data bound,e.g text box, combo box, list box, etc are correct, i.e actual data fields /columns in tables.

The field name might have been changed in the table after you created the form.
Sure sir, I will do it, thanks a lot for the help. :)

onur_can

Local time
Today, 08:25
Hi,
If you can't find any problem with the parameter, that is, the information contained in the parameter is not available in your database, which is usually caused by previously created and subsequently deleted parameters. In this case, the only thing to do to solve the problem is to transfer your database to an empty, clean and new database, don't forget to transfer all the objects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom