Solved Form: Colored Header, Footer, Detail, Alternate, Font (1 Viewer)

vhung

Local time
Yesterday, 21:08
Good Day...

May this post annoying to AWF but all I need to know if this Design of acForm is accepted or not.
Alternatively, maybe there is worse than this.

\\: See attached acForm

Attachments

• ColoredCform.png
    ColoredCform.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 101
  • ColoredCform2.png
    ColoredCform2.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image_2021-04-15_093455.png
    image_2021-04-15_093455.png
    72 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

vhung

Local time
Normal acForm View

Attachments

• NormalView.png
    NormalView.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 109

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:08
Personally I prefer simple colour schemes such as those shown in post #2.
Its a matter of personal preference but I would find the dark background and multiple font colours shown in post #1 to be a distraction.
Others may have a different point of view

Last edited:

Rene vK

Local time
Today, 06:08
It's colourfull. Think your users will have headaches.
BUT.... never discuss someones choice of style 😎

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:08
I tend to agree with others, here, in that simple is usually better!

You have to keep in mind that Access is for developing business database applications! You want your interface to be professional looking...not looking like a webpage or an online catalog!

Color is sometimes appropriate...when special emphasis is needed...or to warn about an error...but it should be used sparingly. Too much of it, especially with a multitude of hues, tends to distract the user...the last thing you want.

Also to keep in mind...colors that appear bright and clear on your monitor may not be displayed well on the monitors of your end users.

Good luck with your project!

Linq ;0)>

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Echoing what Linq said. One thing I have found is that, the more creative I get with colors and graphics in my development, the more I must be prepared to see other people's screens showing that same design very differently. I'm not an expert on all of the reasons that may be--operating system, themes, Office version, screen resolution--and really have never cared: Once I realized just how varied people's results were, my takeaway was simply to stop doing it and keep things simple. Blue, gray, black, white, and a lot of combinations thereof.

Add color very thoughtfully, selectively, and based on conditions to call out. Me, I keep these simple and universal, too. Red font, Yellow highlight.

The grand total of all possible fonts I use is about 5 or less.

vhung

Local time
Personally I prefer simple colour schemes such as those shown in post #2.
Its a matter of personal preference but I would find the dark background and multiple font colours shown in post #1 to be a distraction.
Others may have a different point of view
Thank you sir...

The color on details and alternate could be change as you select on combo or on palette button.
Any color choice is applicable. On every field, color is changeable only after change of choice, but constantly on close back to normal view.

vhung

Local time
It's colourfull. Think your users will have headaches.
BUT.... never discuss someones choice of style 😎
Thanks sir...

Color choice and mix is possible according to your idea on colorful.
This maybe done if need to set focus on specific field or item.

vhung

Local time
I tend to agree with others, here, in that simple is usually better!

You have to keep in mind that Access is for developing business database applications! You want your interface to be professional looking...not looking like a webpage or an online catalog!

Color is sometimes appropriate...when special emphasis is needed...or to warn about an error...but it should be used sparingly. Too much of it, especially with a multitude of hues, tends to distract the user...the last thing you want.

Also to keep in mind...colors that appear bright and clear on your monitor may not be displayed well on the monitors of your end users.

Good luck with your project!

Linq ;0)>
Thanks...

You made your points well.

Yes, it would cause distraction to viewer, but that color is not constant on open.
Colors would vary according to your choice, could be simple or more colorful, color choice be made through combo select and on palette button.

You could change color of Detail, Alternate, Font, Header, and Footer anytime, as you need to.
User choice will rule too.

vhung

Local time
Echoing what Linq said. One thing I have found is that, the more creative I get with colors and graphics in my development, the more I must be prepared to see other people's screens showing that same design very differently. I'm not an expert on all of the reasons that may be--operating system, themes, Office version, screen resolution--and really have never cared: Once I realized just how varied people's results were, my takeaway was simply to stop doing it and keep things simple. Blue, gray, black, white, and a lot of combinations thereof.

Add color very thoughtfully, selectively, and based on conditions to call out. Me, I keep these simple and universal, too. Red font, Yellow highlight.

The grand total of all possible fonts I use is about 5 or less.
Thanks a lot sir...

This is why I try to create this Continuous Form with combo selection of an "Access Form" parts.
So that I may see the actual response of expert with this Screen Showing.
Maybe there are times that while using an own program every day and that for instance may seems bored on preferred color, but just for a little change may use the style.

This may a big deal for me, that somehow expert would lean there exceptional ability to add the idea of making change for good.

We know it is a matter of choice to make it simple or more than the normal one.

However, the idea is also a product of my observation from posts on AWF, and color topics generate question “Is it possible to make controls of Form change view in colors?” may that be.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The three "colorful" choices are garish and make my teeth grind. They are also very difficult to read.

Alternating the background of rows is common in list forms and that makes it easier for the user to keep his place. But the colors should probably be the same color but with different intensity. Play with the default options provided by themes. They tend to be colors that are complementary so they are not likely to make users grind their teeth.

vhung

Local time
The three "colorful" choices are garish and make my teeth grind. They are also very difficult to read.

Alternating the background of rows is common in list forms and that makes it easier for the user to keep his place. But the colors should probably be the same color but with different intensity. Play with the default options provided by themes. They tend to be colors that are complementary so they are not likely to make users grind their teeth.
Thank you sir...

In fact could make choices as many as could, while open the Form,
However, on close it would go back to its default color/view.

In addition, I wish to mix perfect colors and add it to default choices.
It would be the next step, so that no more color mix experiment during use, instead select on created themes.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm sure that if your client knew how much this little "feature" was costing him, he would tell you to stop wasting money.

vhung

Local time
I'm sure that if your client knew how much this little "feature" was costing him, he would tell you to stop wasting money.
Good day sir...

May that be, but the idea is to have an options of color if desired to change and select.
For now, I already set fixed color selection as Theme for this acForm.

Rene vK

Local time
Today, 06:08
Thanks sir...

Color choice and mix is possible according to your idea on colorful.
This maybe done if need to set focus on specific field or item.
No, your choice of colour is to much "in your face" It looks oldschool like an earlier dowload site.
I know different parts of the globe have different taste in colour but you have to consider the user. To much will kill your application.

vhung

Local time
No, your choice of colour is to much "in your face" It looks oldschool like an earlier dowload site.
I know different parts of the globe have different taste in colour but you have to consider the user. To much will kill your application.
Good Afternoon...

We know that too much color use makes it bad.

What I impose now is the suggestion that rather use the Post # 2 of mine.
Only I still have the selection for single color change of Header-Footer.BackColor and Detail-Alternative.BackColor together in one click-select.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom