form filter and ''where'' argument in *openForm* method not working (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Yesterday, 20:34
hey guys,

I've tried everything I can think of here. attached is a stripped DB. one of 2 forms is causing the issue. either frmOdrezaneKapilarePregledPodpis or frmKolutKapilareSUB. when clicking the link on ID in the first form, the 2nd is supposed to open. both have the same RS. I have tried all the following, and none of them show recs in the 2nd form:

- opening the 2nd with WHERE arg on click event of 1st.
- manually putting a filter in the props of the 2nd.
- specifying me.filter and filteron on click event of 1st.
- other manipulations behind current() and load() of the 2nd.

can someone spot my error here? I can't seem to get it. at this point I'm thinking it's Access. but i could be wrong. thanks.

Attachments

• sample_for_forum.zip
    510 KB · Views: 144

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:34
Your frmKolutKapilareSUB form's Data Entry property is set to Yes. Try changing it to No.

PS. It took me a while to fix it (I'm not sure this is the 'best' way to go). Please see attached...

Attachments

• sample_for_forum.zip
    497.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

neuroman9999

Local time
no kidding!? oh my goodness. i will take a look. thank you much.

neuroman9999

Local time
thanks guy. I tried everything I could think of with the DB I had, even changing the data entry spec, per your finding. it still did no good. so I imported the obj's from your file and everything started working. no clue why. don't have time to research it. but thanks to you, all was fixed. good deal. thanks. =)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:34
thanks guy. I tried everything I could think of with the DB I had, even changing the data entry spec, per your finding. it still did no good. so I imported the obj's from your file and everything started working. no clue why. don't have time to research it. but thanks to you, all was fixed. good deal. thanks. =)
Glad we could assist. Good luck with your project.

neuroman9999

Local time
Ah, got it. Cheers!
Cheers to you too, guy. but aren't you the one that once said this?
Yes, you are correct, but it still means you can't really ban a specific "person," because they can use a different IP address (or, as in the case of the person in question, we know he said he uses TOR).
apparently your view of me has changed? Have I gotten lucky? ;)

see these:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom