Form getting put behind Access database (1 Viewer)

dgreen

Local time
Today, 05:38
Is there a code that can pull a form into the foreground? For some reason, I'm getting the following behavior. To my knowledge as the person that programmed this beast, I didn't intentionally do this. Maybe my sequencing is off.

The issue: When my Navigation form opens initially, it automatically gets put behind the Access database.

1587524453792.png

Then I have to click in the header of Access and the form comes to the foreground.
1587524515230.png

Is there a code I can put on the Navigation form to pull it back into the foreground?

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:38
Hi. Like you said, any code to do that shouldn't be necessary. Can you post a demo version of your db, so we can take a look?

dgreen

Local time
Trying to narrow what needs to be in the demo.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:38
Trying to narrow what needs to be in the demo.
Start with just your nav form and make all of them unbound. If you get an error, start binding them one at a time.

dgreen

Local time
I'm down to only 2 forms. The Splash Screen and Navigation form.

I just removed all of the code from the Navigation form and even then after it opened, it immediately hid behind the Access program window.

I've noticed that I can't get this behavior to happen once the database is opened up. To recreate this, I start from a completely closed database and open it up.

Still working on getting a version that I can share. Clearing out the personal/sensitive information.

dgreen

Local time
Big observation..... When I converted the linked SharePoint lists to a local file, closed and reopened the database, the problem stopped.

This is with the original vba code. This database started on SharePoint and the issue started a couple of months ago. Unfortunately I don't remember what was happening then and what changes I was making to the database at that time.

Since I need the tables on SharePoint in order for this database to work, I'm now more confused on what to do now.

I'm quitting for the night.

I had one win today in my programming world (fixed a find as you type that was bugging me for months). 3 losses (2 other FAYT and this issue). And 2 draws (redoing code, moving code from one location to another across the database to standardize things.

Maybe someone will have an epiphany on this issue and I'll wake up to some great suggestions in the am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom