Form Header Issue (1 Viewer)

David44Coder

Local time
Today, 15:53
I haven't tried to use a Form header until now, and not getting quite what was expected.
Although in looks fine in design view, when opened in Form view the Header section is on top of the detail section.

The Form shows embedded pictures with record source a table with image filenames. Wanting the header to have some controls independent of the picture, if possible.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 04:53
That is why it is called header. A footer appears at the bottom of the detail section.
Best to show a pic of form in both modes in this case ?

Mike Krailo

Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
Although in looks fine in design view, when opened in Form view the Header section is on top of the detail section.
Not sure what you see in design view that makes the header section to be anything but at the very top of the form. Any controls placed in the header will always be at the very top of the form. How about a screen shot of both views?

David44Coder

Local time
In design mode the header section appears above the line saying "Detail". But when you open the Form is it all combined together. Is this normal or possible to have 2 independent sections ?

David44Coder

Local time
I'll go one step further if I may and assume the Header is superimposed on the detail when the Form is opened.
I wanted to use an independent part per of the Form to resize it. Cycling through 3 or 3 views. I can't use the click event as that is used to rotate the picture. And the dblclick event seems to act as a click. What might the experts suggest as as solution? I'm tending to thing of a second Form tied to the Picture Form. But maybe that's a silly idea and something better exists ?

Mike Krailo

Local time
I think we need a screenshot to see what you are referring to. Anything you put in the header should stay on top in the header. Anything in the detail should be below the header. If you are experiencing a blending of the two, please show the design view and the form view please.

David44Coder

Local time
OK, hopefully this will show it

Attachments

• fdemo.jpg
    fdemo.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 134

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 11:53
put the Image Control on the Detail section of your form.

David44Coder

Local time
That must be part of it. I don't have an image control. Me.Picture is assigned in the Current event and Form is bound to a table holding the image filenames.
Are header/footer/detail only used for controls placed on the Form.?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 04:53
If you do not have an image control, how are you displaying the images? :unsure:

Mike Krailo

Local time
The image control allows you to place the image exactly where you want it. You can assign a picture for the background of the form but that is an overall picture, much harder to control how it looks and not what you want in your case.

David44Coder

Local time
Gasman, I have bound the Form to a table that holds the image filenames and show them in the Current Event with me.Picture = filename
Sounds like that overrides the header/Footers (that I've never used). I did not want as Image control as it works great as is and might have been more complex with it. I can drag handle to resize the picture and also rotate it with the routine written Daniel Pineault. The Form is only for showing images. I wanted some buttons to alter Form size/Position but found a second Form placed beside the ribbon does that perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom