Form header not showing in Continuous view (1 Viewer)

knn9413

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:01
I have a mainform. When I click on a command button, it opens up another form. That form is designed to be as a continuous form, yet it does not display the header. The header is present in the form view. I have attached the screenprints to show the header in my form and the corresponding properties window

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• cv1.JPG
    cv1.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 341
  • cv2.JPG
    cv2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 303

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:01
and to finish the examples - please provide a screenshot of the form in normal mode

Normally a form in continuous view would have a fairly short detail section - yours looks on the tall side - if it is taller than the available window, the header will disappear

knn9413

Registered User.
Local time
and to finish the examples - please provide a screenshot of the form in normal mode

Normally a form in continuous view would have a fairly short detail section - yours looks on the tall side - if it is taller than the available window, the header will disappear

Here is the form attached. One thing that I am not too sure is if an unbound form can appear in a continuous form view or not. If no, then that is probably the issue. Also I am not sure of the option to use with the docmd.openform. I left that blank and also used the Datasheet option but didn't get the desired results. Here is the current code that I use to open up the task form

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAddNewTask", acFormDS

The other question I have is, do you need to have a control to add the record from the continuous form view.

Attachments

• frmaddnewtask.JPG
    frmaddnewtask.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 218

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:01
And as you surmise, an unbound form cannot have repeating rows - which are based on a recordset

And to complete the picture, datasheet view does not show page or form headers and footers.

I still think your detail section is too high

The other question I have is, do you need to have a control to add the record from the continuous form view.
I don't understand what you mean

knn9413

Registered User.
Local time
And as you surmise, an unbound form cannot have repeating rows - which are based on a recordset

And to complete the picture, datasheet view does not show page or form headers and footers.

I still think your detail section is too high

I don't understand what you mean

I think you answered my questions. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom