Tip Form inter communication. (1 Viewer)

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:51
For those (a vast majority?) not using A2013, here are pics and docs that will help you implement it.

Good day, JLC.

Attachments

• Pics.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Docs.zip
    1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 08:51
So what is "form inter communication" and what is it used for? Also, clicking on your link produces a page not found error.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
You have 3 attached files. Are you blind!!!!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:51
Hi spikepl, seeing as Mr J L cantankerous is once again having difficulty in conducting himself in a civil manner I will explain to you what I believe is happening.

Mr J L cantankerous has posted an example in the relevant section however comments are not allowed in those sections. As the moderator approving his post I took the opportunity to advise him that he should start a new thread where discussion on his offering could take place.

I believe that is why he has created this thread. I'm sure if that's not the case he will explain what it is about.

Last edited:

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 08:51
@JLCantara

You posted but provided no information what the post is about. The title is not obvious. It is normally easy for the author to provide such basic information instead of burying it somewhere in attached zip files and hence rendering it nonsearchable.

Flying off the handle when asked what a post is about is rather weird. Make your post useful and write what it is about or let it remain useless - up to you. Rants do not touch me.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:51
I had a look at the sample. Basically it opens another form when a combobox on the first form is double clicked. Not a terribly complex task but it does include some logic to check for the pop up form being dirty.

In principle it could be a useful module for calling forms from others. However most of the references to objects on the forms and their properties are hardcoded so it isn't very portable or configurable. It needs to be rewritten as a more generalised object so it can handle the same job with different combinations of forms and controls without having to hard code for each instance.

There are also some type declarations that seem superfluous to me.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
@Galaxiom: most of your points are right. The idea behind this is a post where a novice user was using a modular intermediate to achieve the same purpose. Experienced prog. will not learn anything from it but a novice will learn how to initialize public var when a form is loaded, trap ALL the possible exits of a form, etc.

A class could be used to generalize this but would it change that much the hard coding?

I will check the types...

Thanks, JLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom