Form not responsive (1 Viewer)

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:42
Greetings,

I’m using access 365 in be/fe environment. The be is stored in the shared folder and each user has a copy of the fe on the desktop. Following are some issues I recently start experiencing:

1. Everyone can access the copy of the fe on their desktop, but some people experience issues to log in i.e. after they inputted their credentials, clicking login/cancel button doesn’t do anything.

2. I recently noticed the security warning (attached) and unable to get rid of it

Any ideas?

TIA

Regards,

Attachments

• Security warning.zip
    51.4 KB · Views: 123

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:42
you can just copy/paste the image, no need to put it in a zip file. Just click on the insert image icon
image_2022-05-13_223331295.png

for the benefit of others
image_2022-05-13_223431564.png

looks to me like your user does not have trusted locations set or at the least the FE is not in a trusted location- click on the trust centre settings option and follow the prompts. Until it is in a trusted location the code will not run

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks,
I added the trusted location, copy the FE to users desktops, but I get the following error:
Error.JPG

TIA

Regards,

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
  1. Decompile your FE which will remove all the hidden rubbish that tends to accumulate during development - see this link for how to decompile.
  2. Note: if you are using 64bit then the path in the above will be slightly different - it will be in C:\program files\....
  3. ensure you have Option Explicit at the top of every module, just below Option Compare Database
  4. On the VBA menu select Debug>Compile
  5. Fix all errors
  6. Repeat from 1 until no errors (usually only required to do once)

Also, generally better to provide users with a .accde which you can do from File>Save and Publish

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:42
you should First, do what is being Asked in the Message.
create a copy of your db before using Compact and Repair and Decompile.
Decompile can worsen your db as it may try to Align your code and the result
is "unreadable" VBA.
so be very careful.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Decompile can worsen your db as it may try to Align your code and the result
Have you any evidence of that or an example? I've been using decompile for years and never had a problem.

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll follow the suggestions given here and post back the outcome.

TIA

Regards,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Have you any evidence of that or an example? I've been using decompile for years and never had a problem.
That's also my experience. Decompile doesn't always solve problems but I've never had it cause issues.
However I agree that its always wise to make a backup first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom