Form opening in the 'wrong' screen position (1 Viewer)

djenkins1973

Local time
Today, 21:59
Hi,

I've designed my DB so all my forms are the same size and so that opening another form completely hides the previous form.

I've created a form which is essentially a switchboard and is loaded when the DB is launched, in the OnLoad event for this form I'm hiding the access app window using DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize

The problem I'm having is that for some reason the switchboard form above opens in the wrong place on the screen and so when subsequent forms are opened this is still visible. I've double checked to make sure the forms are set up identically - and they are.

Any ideas?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If any of your forms are popups, they are subject to different rules regarding placement.
In terms of managing your application, I would recommend either closing closing forms or hiding them when opening a new form.
If you leave lots of objects open, eventually performance will be affected.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 15:59
Have you tried using:

Code:
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

On the load of your first form? Also, go into Options and set the Current Database to open windows as tabbed documents, but uncheck "Display Document Tabs".

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I blogged about this problem on my website here:-

Sticky Form Builder

If you would like a free copy of the sticky form builder, let me know and I will explain how you can get a free copy.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:59
Getting an Error Message Compile Error: Method or Data member not Found, for this part of the code - Me.cmdRestore.Caption = "Maximize Form".

This is for to hide the Access App Window On-Load. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
Hi. You're probably better off starting a new thread and posting a copy of your db for examination. Just a thought...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Which code/post are you referring to? I haven't posted any code in this thread

nonakag

Local time
Today, 10:59
Found the correct thread. Apologies, for posting here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom