Form printing (1 Viewer)

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:49
I am desiging a database for a company that will use applications which I am making a prefill system for. Information on a client is entered, stored, and dispersed upon a form and then printed. As of now, the way I have been working this (which I find to be poor, but effective) is that I have the image of the form scanned into the computer. I then take it and make it the background image on a form and then do other such things with the fields. Pretty simple I would think. I would like it to be that it prints full page with little to no margins.

Now to my issue. I would like to have it be able to print an entire application at once. Using my method, I can only put 1 or maybe 2 pages on a form in order to keep the size optimized. Is there a way I can 1) print all of the pages at one time even if they are on seperate forms? I guess I am asking for some sort of command to print say "form1" then "form 2" then "form 3" in that order all at one time so i do not have to enter into the form and thne print it off but actually accessing it 1 page at a time. Some of the applications are 25+ pages and it would kill the effectiveness of this project.

2) Print a fullsize copy without actually having to test out the page size repeatedly on the printer to make sure it works out?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:49
You should be printing reports rather than forms. You'll have more control over the output.

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
I am not certain that would work in this situation. I have applications for different types of accounts and they are all different. So, I have fields lined up on top of the gif or jpeg files (i forget which I have as of now) and then search for the name in the database and it fills in the application. Is it still possible to do this in a report? I thought a report would use a set of data. I am only looking to pull off one at a time. Does this make sense? Would a report still be easier? I know my way works, but if there is a more efficient way I am all for it. If it wasnt for havnig to print off each page one at a time I wouldnt have an issue. So thats my dilemma.

workmad3

***** Slob
Local time
Today, 20:49
well, here is my printing code. I print off forms in my current project, so it might be what you need
Code:
Public Sub Printout(stDocName As String, copies As Integer)
    Dim MyForm As Form

Set MyForm = Screen.ActiveForm
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName
    DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, stDocName, False
    DoCmd.Printout , 1, 1, , copies
    DoCmd.Close acForm, stDocName
    DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, MyForm.Name, False
End Sub

The stDocName is the name of the form you want to print. The copies is the number of copies to print. You can basically use this and just pass it each form name you want each time.

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
That helps a little more towards my goal. How about this question to supplement the other one; Is it possible to print more than one form in succession while retaining the information looked up on form 1?

For example:

I have a database of clientel. I want to print out a application, filling in the name, address, phone, etc of the person on each form. I find the person's field for the first form, and the want to print the rest of it. Problem is, I have pages of the application on seperate forms as I cannot put them all on one due to their size. If I were to print multiple forms in succession, would it retain the data found throughout the other forms so logn as the main form is pulled up? I would just like to make things easier, not same difficulty but neater. I believe that code will help out a bit though. So thanks for your help thus far!

-Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom