Form/subform (1 Viewer)

sssn

Local time
Today, 17:16
My Main Form is Student registration(data from student table) and subform is Class Detail(data from Class detail table) I have linked the two forms using StudentID. When I view the Main form, the subform shows only the student ID and other fields are empty..When I update the Class detail table. the data gets updated in the class detail subform when viewed individually..but when I view the main form in which the subform is embedded..except for Student ID all other fields are blank...Any help will be appreciated.....
TX,
Sheela.

Bru

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:16
Assuming that this subform has linked fields that are StudentID, the linked field will be the same as the main form as a default. It does this because it is waiting for data entry in the subform. If you try to enter a record on the subform when the main form is open, the records will be viewable. Viewing the subform as an orphan will show all the records, but not in the main form.

Make sure that the subform field linker wizard recognizes what you are doing. Maybe you have a typo for the linked fields. Use the suggestion to see if the wizard picks it out.

Hope this helps
Bru

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom