Form tab order problem (1 Viewer)

reglarh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:25
I have a form with about 20 controls and I set the tab order quite successfully. After adding 4 new controls, I am having problems with incorporating them in an overall tab order.

If I put the cursor into an original control and click tab order, I get shown a list of the original controls only. If I cursor into one of the new controls, I get a list of just the new controls.

The Tab order numbers of the 4 new controls are 1,2,3 and 4, which replicates the first 4 of the original list. On using the form, it tabs through all 20 originals followed by the 4 new controls, which are embedded in the form, not at the end.

Choosing Auto does not help.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:25
Do these Controls all reside in the same Section of the Form, i.e all are in the Detail section? Or are some of them in the Detail Section and some in the Header or Footer Section? Given the below

If I put the cursor into an original control and click tab order, I get shown a list of the original controls only. If I cursor into one of the new controls, I get a list of just the new controls.

It sounds like the latter, and since each Section has it's own Tab Order, you can, indeed, have two Controls with the same Tab Order number.

Linq ;0)>

reglarh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:25
I finally found the problem. I have three tabbed pages on one form, and the offending fields were replicated on each tabbed page, having inadvertently been placed on the master form. Resolving this allowed me to change the tab order.

Something new every day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom