Solved Form + Table linking (1 Viewer)

crazy_ivan_1

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:34
Hi all,

I am trying to create a form to count instruments at my workplace.

I have a table of instruments that is queried to reduce the list to the countable ones.

I am trying to set up my forms so that I can have a a point to list the date the instruments were counted and by whom, the actual count value and any notes and then the instrument.

In the form, I would like to browse through the instruments to update the count value.

This is my relationship table - its more the count blocks than the other ones.

So far my forms count, but also save it for 1 date. It does not create new dates with new info. The new date just overwrites the old date.

In my head I am trying to create

1) main form which has the date the count is being done and by who it is being done by
2) a subform which has the instrument name and the actual count value + any notes
3) a linked form if instruments that is based on a query to only show instruments that need to be counted.

Thanks

Andrew

Capture.JPG

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:34
as per your layout, it means a staff will need to count all instrument in a day?
or do you have a certain staff assigned to count a particular instrument, then on that day gather all counts from each staff?
then you need to move the staff_id to tbl_instrument_count...

vhung

Local time
Today, 12:34
Hi all,

I am trying to create a form to count instruments at my workplace.

I have a table of instruments that is queried to reduce the list to the countable ones.

I am trying to set up my forms so that I can have a a point to list the date the instruments were counted and by whom, the actual count value and any notes and then the instrument.

In the form, I would like to browse through the instruments to update the count value.

This is my relationship table - its more the count blocks than the other ones.

So far my forms count, but also save it for 1 date. It does not create new dates with new info. The new date just overwrites the old date.

In my head I am trying to create

1) main form which has the date the count is being done and by who it is being done by
2) a subform which has the instrument name and the actual count value + any notes
3) a linked form if instruments that is based on a query to only show instruments that need to be counted.

Thanks

Andrew

View attachment 84502
table of instruments
>accounting system, would be daily as stocks required
>would have remarks and date of last count, on specific instruments
>would be every instrument group should have individual account for easy check by staff incharge

Last edited:

crazy_ivan_1

Local time
as per your layout, it means a staff will need to count all instrument in a day?
or do you have a certain staff assigned to count a particular instrument, then on that day gather all counts from each staff?
then you need to move the staff_id to tbl_instrument_count...

no its 1 staff member that will count all instruments in 1 day

crazy_ivan_1

Local time
table of instruments
>accounting system, would be daily as stocks required
>would have remarks and date of last count, on specific instruments
>would be every instrument group should have individual account for easy check by staff incharge

Thanks for replying but I am not following what you mean...

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:34
this is a simple data entry.
i did not complete the tbl_instruments, only a few fields.

Attachments

• instruments.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 94

crazy_ivan_1

Local time
this is a simple data entry.
i did not complete the tbl_instruments, only a few fields.

Thanks for that arnelgp

It works well. I was hoping to a subform based on a query where the staff can browse through a series of records and place values rather than through a drop down.

I'll attach a few forms files tomorrow (its 10pm in australia) that I've been working on to show what I'm trying f to achieve.

Maybe it can't be done but hopefully its just something I haven't thought about.

Thanks for all your help. Some of your coding is really amazing stuff

crazy_ivan_1

Local time
Hi Arnelgp

This is my current working database. The names of some of the forms are not ideal as im just working with them at the moment

The main count form is called "frm_instrument_count" which has the count_date and the staff_ID

in there is the "frm_instrument_counf_info" which is based on the instruments table query for only countable instruments (tbl_instruemtn_countyes_Query)

In there there is a subform called "tbl_instgrument_count_details_subform" which is the form that logs the instrument count
There is also another subform called "frm_instruemtn_count_info_subform" which just draws info from another table to show instruments that are being cleaned, but should still be counted.

The Qty Owned field is the total number of instruments
The Count_value is where I want the staff to input the total number they have counted

The direction button allows to scroll through the countable instruments
The Tick button is meant to input the count value if "instruments in Steri" and "Expected Instruments" = "Quantity Owned"

I do know if what I want to do can be done, hence I am asking.

I have been trying various combinations but I either get to what you had in your example DB or I get to here where I cannot save multiple dates.

Thanks

Andrew

crazy_ivan_1

Local time
I figured out how to do what I want.

You're example got me thinking.

I made the instrument name field in the count details subform an unbound listbox connected to instrument name which then filtered the second instrument subform to browse instruments.

I just need to do some buttons that scroll through the list box

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom