Solved Form to look up data in table (1 Viewer)

LavendAR

Local time
Yesterday, 20:52
I am very new to Access and can't seem to find anything to achieve what I am trying to do. I have tried multiple things and can't get my form to work the way I want.

Attached is my Access database. In it I have a table with a chemical list, and then a form.
I am trying to get the form to be a lookup of the data that is in the table. I would like to be able to search either by chemical name or chemical manufacturer.
When you search by the chemical name it will populate the manufacturer, the SDS link, health, fire, reactivity and PPE combo boxes/ textboxes.
If you look up the manufacturer, it will provide a list of chemical names that are associated with that manufacturer. Then you would choose the chemical name you want, and it would do the same as above.

I am not sure if this can be done, but I am just trying to find an easier way to find an SDS along with they ratings.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• SDS Viewer.accdb
    608 KB · Views: 157

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:52
Have a look at my "Nifty Access Search Form"

If you think it will do, send me a private message via access world forums and I'll send you a free copy....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you build a combo box with the combo wizard enabled, there is an option that you can use to have a combo selection change the current record on the form.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:52
The attached Split Form is one way of doing this.

The Column Headings have an option to select what you want to filter for.

Attachments

• SDS Viewer.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 148

LavendAR

Local time
Thank you everyone for the help. I achieved what I needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom