Form_Subform Question (1 Viewer)

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:12
I have a form in each of these databases for entering visit information in four sub forms. The tab for "DVT" in one is visible when you open the form but is not in the other.

I have looked at these for diffeneces but can't see it :(

Can anyone help me here???

Thanks Dan

Attachments

• db1.zip
    554.6 KB · Views: 46
  • db2.zip
    539.4 KB · Views: 46

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 16:42
Okay, one thing up front.

You should not be using the same tables in the subform that you are using in the parent form or the other forms, really. So, for example, on the DVT Data form, you should NOT be including t_Visit and t_Temperature_Monitoring.

The DVT Data form only needs the DVT table and is linked to the others via the particular Foreign key.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
And, if you remove those two extra tables from the qryDVT you will get the form showing like it should. And the reason why the first one works is that you only have the t_DVT_Data in the qryDVT like it is supposed to be.

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Okay .... first thanks for the explanation. I made the change and the form is now there.

I am a beginner at this and have gotten a lot of help from other members of the forum and was advised to set the queries up in this way. What you told me make sense and appreciate the help.

Other tabs are setup in a similar fashion, why to they display as they should??

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Other tabs are setup in a similar fashion, why to they display as they should??

The other tabs didn't have a many-to-one-to-many set of tables connected. But you shouldn't have the tblVisit in those as well. There is no need. It is extraneous as you already have the visit table as the main form's record source and are using its primary key as the master link and its foreign key in the child table as the child link.

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Okay I understand what your saying now. Once agin thank you for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom