Formating Query results (1 Viewer)

O

obrien3

I'm trying to create a area on a form that contains query results that are word wrapped and contain a line between each record. For example I have a query that contains 2 fields fldDate and fldSomeText, I would like the data to appear like this,

fldDate fldSomeText
18/10/00 I had breakfast
<new record is seperated with a blank line>
19/12/00 The server was not available due to the number of users <this line needs to word wrap>

I hope you can help, I've tried everything.

Thanks in advance

Simon O'Brien

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:40
I hope you are refering to a subform that is displaying the query results.

I would set the default view to continuous forms, and in design view resize the field you want text wrapping so it is taller.

I almost alway use continuous forms for subforms, because I think you have more control over the appearance.

HTH
Charity

O

obrien3

Thanks for the reply Charity,

I have tried what you suggested and have found one undesirable side affect. The records I have vary in length enormously, for this reason it would appear I have two options when setting up the subform, the first is to set the size of the text box to the the largest record that I have, this gives me a large amount of blank spaces within my form, the second option is to set the text box a log smaller, this gives me a large number of scroll bars which I don't really want. The output I want is the same as the effect you can get in a report where each individual record is wordwrapped and the record size grows or shrinks to accomodate the size.

I may be asking a lot but I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Simon

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:40
Don't know if this will help, because I've never used them in forms, but form's detail section as well as textbox controls support the can shrink/can grow properties.

My suggestion would be to goof around with them and see what happens.

Good luck!
Charity

[This message has been edited by charityg (edited 06-18-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom