Forms and Themes (1 Viewer)

PhilC

Local time
Today, 15:46
I've just had a disturbing experience!

I have spent today building a new database. Nothing special there. I've built many so I know what I am doing. A few minutes ago I was creating a new form and everything was going swimmingly. Then I had to close the new database and open another database to research a piece of data.

When I re-opened the new database again all the forms I had created had changed their background colors to a vivid orange. When I closed the database earlier they were all green! The fonts and their colors were not affected, only the background colors in all sections of all forms.

I am using Access 2016 32 bit. All databases are .accdb versions

Never seen anything like this in thirty years of using Access.

One other problem that may have some bearing is that I have never been able to utilise Themes in this version of Access. Previous versions have been OK. So all the forms were formatted individually using Properties.

I would appreciate any opinions on what may have happened.

Thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:46
If you formatted the forms individually, maybe the "use Access Theme" setting got turned on by accident.

Themes are much better than they used to be but they are still not good. One big problem is the size of the font is inconsistent so you have to be careful because changing from theme1 to theme2 could set all the text out of whack.

PhilC

Local time
Today, 15:46
Thanks Pat. Miraculously the new database had rectified itself by this morning after a reboot of the laptop.

But I remain mystified as to why it happened in the first place.

Where do I find the "use Access Theme" setting? I've looked, but cannot locate it.

Thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:46
UseWindowsThemedControlsJPG.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom