Solved Forms Not Loading (1 Viewer)

Hecronis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:54
I don't know if this is the correct sub forum for this question.

So I have a database, that multiple people have access to over a VPN. For some people everything works fine, but for others some of the forms will not load. It will just show a blank page for some of the forms. I can put those forms in design or layout mode and all of the objects are there but the objects do not appear if you call it using the buttons. Like I said this is only on some computers not all of them. This is my first attempt at making a DB with multiple front ends, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Also when I try to use the DB on this computer that is acting weird, it says that is in Read Only and asks if I would like to save a copy. That never came up on the computers where everything was working.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:54
Make sure the affected users have write permissions on the folder where the front end is. If not, the lock file can't be created and the db will be read only.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 08:54
sometimes, a person has a version of Access, that may have conflicts, be it a REFERENCE or driver difference.
I sometimes have to have different versions of the app because of an Excel reference. 1 person has off15, 1 has off16.
if they enter vbe (alt-F11) then tools, references....there may be MISSING items checked. they will need reference to THEIR version of items.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:54
sometimes, a person has a version of Access, that may have conflicts, be it a REFERENCE or driver difference.
I sometimes have to have different versions of the app because of an Excel reference. 1 person has off15, 1 has off16.
if they enter vbe (alt-F11) then tools, references....there may be MISSING items checked. they will need reference to THEIR version of items.
A better solution for this would be to use late binding for the Excel related code.
Doing that means you don't need an Excel reference at all and would only need one version of your FE

Hecronis

Registered User.
Local time
A better solution for this would be to use late binding for the Excel related code.
Doing that means you don't need an Excel reference at all and would only need one version of your FE
How would I go about doing that?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 08:54
@Hecronis, I think this is confusing. @isladogs was responding to @Ranman256 but a reference issue seems unlikely to be the cause of the problem that the OP is asking about. IMO @pbaldy solution is more likely. I have never ever seen a reference issue cause something like this.

Hecronis

Registered User.
Local time
Update: I changed the permissions on the folder, as suggested, and that fixed the Read Only issue. I also ran a compact and repair on it again and that seemed to clear up the forms not loading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom