Forum login problems and blank index page (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:20
Is anyone here still having forum login problems? I have been having emails with complaints about issues with cookies and so forth.

Please help as I want to get this sorted.

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
Today, 04:20
I got my issues sorted, but thanks. Here is what I have posted to help others in case you haven't seen it....

(This is for those that have created a new account)

Copy the the url of this thread. Log out. Paste the url back in your browser and go to it again if you are not already here. Then try logging in with your old name and choose "Remember Me". You should be able to log in and remain in the thread. If not, paste the url again. Once logged in, go into your user cp/Edit Options and change the forum skin to 'Use Forum Default' .... that did it for me

If you haven't created a new account, log in while viewing a thread and go to your user cp from there

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What I need to know is if people are still having problems since we have done some stuff to the membership list to see if it has resolved the problem. The people who emailed me have not replied to my emails asking them for their feedback.

W

WillEllis2

I am now able to login with my new logon, so whatever you have done seems to have worked.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
WillEllis2, what sort of problems did you have before? At what point?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
I haven't been able to log in since the 'upgrade' but it's now working all of a sudden.

Previously I tried deleting all cookies which got me back to the forum but once I tried to login I would get a blank page (Firefox and IE) have no idea why.

I still have a problem that none of the smilies work click on them does nothing, aslo none of the format or hyperlink etc. buttons work :confused: < BTW I did this one manually.

Also what has happened to the non-access issues can't see this section at all ????

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
I am back in as me now :)
Before there was an empty page, check html and nothing between 'body' tags

Peter

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Hey Jon - I've got back the Non-Access board thanks but they report as never having any threads (apart from 2 posted today in excel), the search function returns no results and searching my posts none appear for these forums :( - is this just me.

Sorry if it seems like I winging but I try to be helpful there as you guys helped me out so much on access and I’m tracking a few threads

Thanks in advance

**EDIT** - Just read through a few more posts, did we lose the non-Access boards posts ? or just some threads ??

Last edited:

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
:eek: :( bye bye my (hopefully) words of wisdom

greaseman

Closer to seniority!
Local time
Today, 03:20
Can't login from a different computer

When I'm at work, I can log in to the forum and post items, etc. However, from my computer at home, it's a different story. At home, I sign on to the forum, get the message, "Welcome, Greaseman," and then am presented with a screen that tells me I have to log in to post threads!

In otherwords, even though the forum says I am logged in, it appears I am not.

I've deleted all my cookies on my computer at work and at home.

Any ideas???:confused:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
What browser are you using at work? What browser at home?

greaseman

Closer to seniority!
Local time
At work, I';m using Explorer, and at home, I log on through AOL and use Explorer once I'm logged in. It was working fine prior to the hijacking incident.

Any ideas on what I might try at home?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:20
AOL uses internet explorer anyway internally. Have you tried to clear the cache using AOL's built in tool?

greaseman

Closer to seniority!
Local time
No...not yet. I'll try that when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom