Funny errors (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:07
Dear All,

I wonder if you can help me.

On one of my forms I get an intermittent error message telling me that a value I have entered is of the wrong type.

I've checked all the values in the underlying tables and as far as I can tell everything is ok, its mostly text/memo fields anyway. The really confusing thing is that it only happens every now and again and never when I'm actually creating a new record only when viewing them afterwards.

I've encountered this problem before and was able to ignore it but this time I can't as I'm doing this professionally now. Could it be a problem with Access 97 pro has anyone seen this before or am I just missing something (my brain perhaps?!)

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
No doubt you have done this but have you checked that the fields are showing the same datatype. ie Field1 in TableA is that defined as eg String/Text all the way through your db including in modules and default values of controls?

Charlie

Registered User.
Local time
The most curious thing...

Yes, I did check that but what really surprised me was the same day as I sent the original message I went back to doing the database and created a dialog form that would control the type of report I wanted to print. The form wasn't based on a table and had no controls (it hadn't been finished) and only a button that would print the report. As I was closing the form I got the error!!

What I was really asking is if anyone else has this prob, ie is it a glitch in MSAccess akin to the "Save operation failed" thing or whether its a glitch in my programming (more likely I'll admit).

It's not too serious as I've been able to show to my customer that the record still saves (which it doesn't if you've done something wrong ie string in an integer field) and blamed it on Microsoft!

Thanks in advance

Charlie

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited 12-01-2000).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom