Gantt Charts Revisited (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 06:00
Has anyone recently developed a real Gantt Chart for Access or SQL?
I think an SQL Version would be better, but anything would be good.

Microsoft Project has had live Gantt Charts for 25 years or so. and we still don't have anything even close. Meanwhile all of the Web based Project Management Systems are leaving us in the dust. Sorry for the additional ranting.

What I mean by live, is the ability to drag Gantt Chart items and have the data updated. The old version of MS Project would do this, but they killed that.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:00
Peter Hibbs made an excellent Gantt chart example a few years back which you should be able to find with a Google search.
He used the very powerful Flexgrid ActiveX control for this purpose. Unfortunately that is 32-bit ONLY. a 64-bit version of the control isn't available

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 06:00
Peter Hibbs made an excellent Gantt chart example a few years back which you should be able to find with a Google search.
He used the very powerful Flexgrid ActiveX control for this purpose. Unfortunately that is 32-bit ONLY. a 64-bit version of the control isn't available
So here we are, the step children.
Sometimes, I look back at my decision to put my entire development career in the Access Arena. I've built some cool stuff, but watching as the rest of the world zipped past us is...disappointing.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:00
A bit of a thread resurrection, this is a sample Gant chart I was sent many moons ago.
Unfortunately, I don't think the developer is supporting it.

(I can't open it either anymore, as it is 32 bit!)

Attachments

• Gantt_chart_continous_activities.zip
    345.4 KB · Views: 600

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom