Gargle Suprise (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:01
Why is it when I gargle, if I think about it I can't do it, I practically choke myself. However if I don't think about it, I can do it every time!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:01
Interesting. Bashful throat - like bashful kidneys? Maybe there's a connection

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Sorry I'm late to this party. I've been gargling away without thinking.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
My first wife had a similar issue...

I'm wondering if it's like when I'm playing darts. If I try and get double top I miss every time but if I can relax myself and and allow my subconscious to throw the darts I am very often successful.

You've only got to watch the top snooker players to see what happens when you start to overthink things, they go to pieces!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm reading Iain McGilchrist's book The Master and his Emissary which is about the two halves of the brain, the left and the right, the male and female, the doing organising part and the dreamy touchy-feely Part. The conscious and unconscious part. So I'm particularly interested in my conscious and unconscious behaviours.

Interestingly, we make decisions or actually, we think we make decisions. But usually it's not a decision, it's a justification of something we subconsciously know already!

I have a party trick where I throw a peanut into my mouth. And I extended this trick so that when I was a smoker many years ago I could throw a cigarette into my mouth in a similar manner. I still can now, although I don't smoke it!

Mind you I have had many attempts at juggling and I just can't get the hang of it!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:01
My juggling skills are so bad I could break a Nerf ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom