Generate error report / table (1 Viewer)

Jimal

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:00
dear saviours out there..

I have created a form to import excel data into my database table - its perfectly working

I have set a condition for my database table column - Eg. Tagnumber should not be null value

when I upload the excel file - the records where Tagnumber is empty -doesnot get uploaded - this is ok,but Im not aware or informed about this missing records due to null value

So my idea is can we generate a kind of error report ( or a error table that MSacess generates for a type mismatch error sometimes) with the source or rows containing the error values?

your help appreciated.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:30
are you importing or exporting?
download is for importing, while upload is for exporting?

you do a "manual" import (using vba) so those "events" you want to happen
are logged to a table.

Jimal

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:00
Hi @arnelgp Im importing the excel sheet into my access table

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:30
I don't think it can be done like you want it. You might want to check if you get any "_ImportErrors" tables after completing the import, those would have your row numbers. If that is missing then you can use a temporary table where you remove the constraint on the TagNumber field so all records get imported then you append it to your existing table. Now you can analyze the first table and look how many records have the tagnumber null and report it in a query, msgbox, etc.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom