Google Maps (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 20:55
For some reason some times Google Maps shows route numbers and some times is doesn't. I have google the problem man y times but can't fin d the answer,
How do I get route numbers to show.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
See this for possible reasons.

DickGoogleMaps.PNG

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you click the link you'll see a page and info (top part shown below)

DickGoogleIssue.PNG

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I am assuming you are referring to the link that says, "Map information (roads,.............), iOS
it brings me to map information but it won't scroll so I can't see what the information is.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 17:55
I think he just meant read the page that loads when you click that blue link that was posted.

Two possible reasons are Transit mode and zoom. Adjusting the zoom level actually changes a LOT of different things - "when in doubt, zoom in or out".

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I think he just meant read the page that loads when you click that blue link that was posted.

Two possible reasons are Transit mode and zoom. Adjusting the zoom level actually changes a LOT of different things - "when in doubt, zoom in or out".
I tried every level of zoom, no route numbers. Where do I find transit mode.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:55
Dick, why not post what you see? for a set zip code like 71047 ?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:55
Here is my pic for that zip code.
1629319711412.png

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Here is my pic for that zip code.
View attachment 93724
I will put this thread on hold until I get back to Florida. I think I may have found the problem. I am in the hills of West Virginia, bad reception, plus only 3G. I left my computer/Google maps open while I did something else and when I came back route numbers were showing.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
When I viewed your post I first thought how could I have missed those icons. I open my map for my trip home and there not there. Computers drive me crazy, but i am addicted. As I write this I am at a restaurant that has good reception and the route numbers showed up immediately.

Meet me at Shonney's in Lewisburg, WV and I buy you breakfast. :)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 17:55
When I viewed your post I first thought how could I have missed those icons. I open my map for my trip home and there not there. Computers drive me crazy, but i am addicted. As I write this I am at a restaurant that has good reception and the route numbers showed up immediately.

Meet me at Shonney's in Lewisburg, WV and I buy you breakfast. :)
I raise the white flag. Google Maps has some oddities that I can't figure out all the time either, honestly. An example of something I think is awful is that on my computer, "Search Nearby" or "Nearby" [search], always shows, once I'm at an address or business on the page. Very handy! - as I'm constantly looking up an address and then seeing how close is a market, grocery, restaurant, etc.
Yet, on my phone, this super handy feature seems to just disappear - one of the most valuable in my opinion!
Mostly all I do on google maps is navigate.

Glad it came back! I just went to europe for a week and am all "travelled-out" for a while - and still have to take my daughter cross country to college. Maybe someday, as I'd love to see that part of the country!! Same here for Phoenix :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom