Google Nexus One HTC Mobile - Stuck! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:13
Tidying up I happened upon my old phone a Google Nexus One from HTC. I Charged it up, it presented me with the screen asking me for my email address and password. I couldn't get past this screen, so I decided to reset it by holding down... I think .... the power button and the volume button. From the Screen options presented, I selected the menu item to reset or something can't really remember! I've left it for about 6 hours and it's showing the screen below. I've pressed the buttons, held them down for ages, in all sorts of combinations, and it just won't shift off this screen!!! My only recourse, I believe is to let the battery run flat and then have another go. But I wondered, anybody else know what to do?

GoogleNexusOneLockedUp.jpg

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Did find this though
Hi Paul thanks! I found that link, that's the instructions I used, and now I'm stuck!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've got a gmail account where I can't remember the password. To reset it google will send me an email to my gmail account (which clearly I can't pick up without the password) or a text to my phone with a number ending in 95 - that phone got binned about 8 years ago. So guess I'm stuffed!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I've got a gmail account where I can't remember the password. To reset it google will send me an email to my gmail account (which clearly I can't pick up without the password) or a text to my phone with a number ending in 95 - that phone got binned about 8 years ago. So guess I'm stuffed!
I can beat that.
Virgin recently locked my email account (due to suspicious activity?) In fact they have done it to hundreds if not thousands of customers :-( but that is Virgin. The help forum is swamped with people asking the same question.

They then send you an email to tell you your account has been locked? :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Hi Paul thanks! I found that link, that's the instructions I used, and now I'm stuck!
Tony,
Is that phone so new, that it does not have a replaceble battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom