Solved Graph (1 Viewer)

hhag

Local time
Today, 02:43
Hi,
I would like to create a graph in Access as a Stacked Column one. X-axis: Year_Month (2020-04 e.g.) and Y-axis: a summary of 'actual' and 'forecast' revenue each month. Preferably different colours in the graph.
I've today two different queries. One filtering out 'actual' (revenue that we've orders on) and the other query filtering out the forecast. These are fine and the outcome seems ok. Now to the last step; How to get these two queries together and be presented in the very same graph?
I tried to create an addtional query with these two above queries, and then I just choosed Year_Month field from one query (and this field has the same name in the two already created queries). But the result is not as expected, and I could anticipate this from the very beginning. Now I need some advice I think...

And related to this I've another question regarding to spread out a total revenue sum on several months. Above I only use starting date where I put the total revenue, which is not the actual reality. I would like to make it little more accurate if possible.
For each project I've the total revenue sum, starting date and the number of days each project will run. Now I would like to spread out the total revenue between starting date and the end date for each project (if possible considering working dates). And then summarize all projects in periods as above (2020-04 e.g.) Is there anyone who has a good idea how to solve this?
Maybe I need to do something in VBA and create a new table? Or is there any more simpler solution?

Greatful for any advice I can get!

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:43
I analyze graph issue best working with data. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:43
I've today two different queries. One filtering out 'actual' (revenue that we've orders on) and the other query filtering out the forecast. These are fine and the outcome seems ok. Now to the last step; How to get these two queries together and be presented in the very same graph?

To get them on the same graph, put them in the same query and make that the graph RowSource. Here is a tutorial to create a classic chart in Access:

How To Make a Graph with Microsoft Access (cc). 7-minute video.

and then if you want to customize the chart with VBA:

How to manipulate Graphs with Microsoft Access using VBA. 20 minute video

hhag

Local time
Thanks for answers. I'll get back a.s.a.p. 🙏

hhag

Local time
I close this thread due to time constraints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom