Gym Offers Free Membership To Those Who Refuse CoVid Vaccinations (1 Viewer)

FrankRuperto

Local time
Today, 18:34
Is this not a gift to data scientists?... Can't think of a better way to track Covid infections of unvaccinated people who willingly congregate in close quarters with heavy breathing. Good way to get rid of 50% of Republicans who stubbornly refuse vaccination. These meatheads are hysterical :rolleyes:

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...SwTdCDIYhEWWcRgsADD-7wVdc_kHlQF0ifYY_d1RTZXgc

Atilis.PNG

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:34
So you run off and get vaccinated to stop the pandemic, then they reap the benefits while not doing so.

Who's the sucker and who's the genius? :LOL::LOL:

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I am a Republican (as a voting status), but I am not an idiot. I am still taking precautions and anxiously awaiting my opportunity to get vaccinated.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
A number of them are. Many of them are conspiracy theorists saying that there is no virus and it is just a way for the goverment to get more control over their life.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. I am similar to @kevlray in both status and behavior. However, it would be absolutely wrong of me to judge those who choose not to get the vaccine. Unlike other vaccines that US children commonly get, this vaccine doesn't have 100 years of data behind it. Clearly it's a calculated risk, just like everything else we decide, dozens of times, all day long. As is the decision to go somewhere "during COVID". Everyone falls somewhere on that continuum, nobody is at the theoretical extremes - therefore it doesn't make much sense for anybody to say to anybody else "You fall a tiny bit to the left, or to the right, of me, on this continuum of risk taking, therefore I am right and you are wrong".

And, while I DON'T believe "there is no virus" (nor does hardly anyone else), it definitely has been a way progressives have sought to leverage to get more governmental control over their citizens. They're forcibly confining Canadian citizens who test positive for COVID upon return to the country. But not for Ebola, Tuberculosis, etc. Remember, COVID has like a 98% survival rate at worst. Think about that comparison for a moment, then tell me that something's not being used as a tool to accomplish something else.

FrankRuperto

Local time
And, while I DON'T believe "there is no virus" (nor does hardly anyone else), it definitely has been a way progressives have sought to leverage to get more governmental control over their citizens. They're forcibly confining Canadian citizens who test positive for COVID upon return to the country. But not for Ebola, Tuberculosis, etc. Remember, COVID has like a 98% survival rate at worst. Think about that comparison for a moment, then tell me that something's not being used as a tool to accomplish something else.
There you go again with your paranoid conspiracy theories. No one is using the Covid pandemic to nefariously get more control over citizens. Reality is we're simply trying to keep the virus from spreading. If we all pitch in by following the CDC guidelines for a little longer, i.e. wear masks and get vaccinated, we can beat this thing once and for all. If you have no faith and do not trust the experts, then you're part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
In any way, we must boost our immune system and practice COVID safety protocols, aside from taking the vaccine.
But, is it still needed to wear mask after your got vaccinated?

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I got my first round of vaccination last week. I plan to wear a mask, practice social distancing, etc. for the next several months.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
In any way, we must boost our immune system and practice COVID safety protocols, aside from taking the vaccine.
But, is it still needed to wear mask after your got vaccinated?
Getting vaccinated does not mean that you are instantly "protected".

I've also heard some speak of it taking a month before it is fully effective. So it's a toss-up. It's been three weeks now for me since getting by second shot.

Nevertheless, lets just arbitrarily designate one month as the "standard". I don't believe that wearing a mask is necessary after that period of time.
While I do recognize that wearing a mask does provide some minimal protection (for those who don't have the Covid anti-bodies), my non-medical opinion is that the fear mongers continue to push mask wearing and social distancing as a means of "control". Also note the hint dropping by the fear mongers related to the vaccines possibly not providing protection against "variants" and the over-hyping of cases where a person receiving the vaccine had an adverse reaction.

PS: Two additional considerations based on the fact that the vaccines have not yet been fully tested.
  • Concerns have been raised that getting the Covid vaccine after you have had Covid may actually be deleterious to your health.
  • Some discussion (rumors) has surfaced that the vaccines my only provided protection for a limited time. Six (6) months? So booster shots may be needed.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
my non-medical opinion is that the fear mongers continue to push mask wearing and social distancing as a means of "control".
How is one "controlled" by social distancing or wearing a mask?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
How is one "controlled" by social distancing or wearing a mask?
It's the use of governmental power where those activities are blatantly required and/or required by implication.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Like having to wear pants when you go to the supermarket?
A small price to pay in order to go shopping.
Still dont see the "control" thing.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:34
The whole question of "government control" is whether the government can stop people from doing things that aren't necessarily good for them and that indirectly endanger others.

We tried stopping the use of alcohol. Didn't work, even though it leads to liver disease and drunk driving. The "drunken behavior" issues lead to injury of others.

We have tried stopping the use of drugs. Hasn't really worked even though it leads to organ failure and violent behavior in some cases. The "violent behavior" leads to injury of others.

We have tried stopping criminals from getting guns. Hasn't worked even though it leads to violent situations that can hurt others. Those pesky criminals just won't listen.

Now we are told if we don't have a mask we cannot go into certain establishments because it might cause harm to others.

Where do you draw the line regarding "big brother"? Many states have had lawsuits/injunctions to revoke the governor's power to implement an emergency order for an emergency that has lasted well over a year.

I happen to agree that it is unwise to risk something that could kill you, but from a strict legal standpoint, it is an overreach to tell someone that they cannot engage in risky behavior. Too many exceptions have already occurred and the legal precedent is tenuous at best.

Not to mention that when lockdown orders come out, people end up unable to work because of it. That leads to people being poor, homeless, bereft of medical insurance, and other similar life-threatening situations. A lockdown order that causes someone to be out of work for a whole year is so devastating that the person might NEVER recover. And that is where government control is the issue. Life is more than just about a disease. Ill or healthy, you have to work to maintain life.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
My daughter was worried that some businesses were opening up too soon some months ago (she is in a high risk category). I explained to her that the government cannot keep supporting people out of work. We need to get them back to work even if they have to take precautions.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Getting vaccinated does not mean that you are instantly "protected".

I've also heard some speak of it taking a month before it is fully effective. So it's a toss-up. It's been three weeks now for me since getting by second shot.

Nevertheless, lets just arbitrarily designate one month as the "standard". I don't believe that wearing a mask is necessary after that period of time.
While I do recognize that wearing a mask does provide some minimal protection (for those who don't have the Covid anti-bodies), my non-medical opinion is that the fear mongers continue to push mask wearing and social distancing as a means of "control". Also note the hint dropping by the fear mongers related to the vaccines possibly not providing protection against "variants" and the over-hyping of cases where a person receiving the vaccine had an adverse reaction.

PS: Two additional considerations based on the fact that the vaccines have not yet been fully tested.
  • Concerns have been raised that getting the Covid vaccine after you have had Covid may actually be deleterious to your health.
  • Some discussion (rumors) has surfaced that the vaccines my only provided protection for a limited time. Six (6) months? So booster shots may be needed.

I heard it too that vaccines are only good for 6 months that's why you need to be vaccinated twice in a year. Though, J&J is making studies to have only one vaccine however, it was just so sad that their operation is temporarily suspended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom