Halo, my name is Musuza Kizza I know zero vba. But i have managed to make a applications using just queries and macros (1 Viewer)

MUSUZA HENRY

Local time
Today, 21:14
I have a complex pharmacy and stock management application where security is critical. But am only good at ms access and am not good at vba. So could somebody help me and give me code for a dsnless mysql to ms access odbc connection. Because i believe with this and some extra caution i will be able to make my application very secure because in this case without running macros the mysql tables will not be accessible, i will also hide the connection password in a form and pass it as a variable and then use my code snippets to disable the shift by pass. Please help. I believe by this my security will have defeated the hex editor

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:14
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum. https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/ We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:14

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:14
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:14
In the past, when I have gotten confused about connection strings, it helps me to first manually Link to the remote table. Then look at the CurrentDb.Tabledefs("TableName").Connect property, and use the value I find in that property to guide further automation.

Good luck and post if you need anything! Best to post your new question outside this forum in the appropriate forum - https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom