Handy utility for Firefox on multiple devices (recommendation) (1 Viewer)

ashleedawg

"Here for a good time"
Local time
Today, 04:34
[Sry if it's not the correct forum -- Just recommending a utility I use constantly that other frequent Firefox users might find useful too.]

I use Firefox on multiple computers & devices... When coding, shopping, streaming, forum'ing, etc etc, I'll want to "put this on that device"; maybe something pertinent to what I'm working on at the office, or to my kid's homework, shopping, something ridders was sharing, etc etc.

I use "Send Tab To Device" countless times daily. With a click I can send the current tab to/from one/all of my own/family's other devices, where it shows up instantly. It's a free plugin (Windows/Android/iOS) that saves me time juggling "share methods". (Do I Text from A to B, or email a link to myself, or bookmark & try to remember about it later?)

Right click → Send to Device → My Android // Son's iPhone // Work PC#1 // Home Laptop // All Devices

Maybe you'll find it as helpful as I do! :)

Bonus Plugin: I use Form History Control due to occasional frustration on sites (like this one) when I'm writing a post, and I hit backspace to make a correction but - oops - the text box didn't have the focus, so the browser goes "Back", losing everything I just typed. :banghead:
This free plugin will "Manage Form History: view, edit, delete, clean-up, export/import, and auto-save a temporary text copy of everything I type, in case disaster strikes." It's saved me a couple times now.

Down-side: I find the UI a little clunky with features I don't need, and I'm not convinced it's making good use of CPU & RAM resources, so I am open minded to something else if you have any suggestions. :confused: (All I really want is a plug in that will ask me "Are You Sure?" if I try to leave a page that has un-posted text.)

ducouer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:34
thanks for sharing. I know we can easily sync all bookmarks, browsing history but this is cool. I can continue my work at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom