Hello AccessWorld (1 Viewer)

Bubai

Local time
Today, 12:37
Hello there,
I have been trying to learn MS Access for a couple of years and very recently have come up with a functional database to help me with my job. I use it to look after the imports and related party payments. I am based at Dhaka, Bangladesh. Also a member of some other forums which helped me build my database enormously. I like music and also tree plantation. I find myself no less conscientious than an environmentalist. But since Bangladesh is one of the most densly populated countries in the world, owning a sizable amount of land is bit of a fortune. But I try to plant as much I can. My ambition is to become a DBA in SQL Server and also gather professional level knowledge is Access and VBA. Still in my opinion Access has some serious shortcomings, like- frequently corrupted files, nonexistence of full outer joins, trigger, stroed procedure etc. Hope to get help from the community and also helping the community at the same time.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:37
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:37
Welcome @Bubai to the best online forum for Access developers

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:37
Hello, Bubai, and welcome to the forum.

We understand that Access doesn't have some advanced features, but its original focus was as a small-business database, and its applications have sort of grown over the years. Since MS has SQL Server that has those features you mentioned, they tend to look at Access as a pathway to larger, better things and thus do not expand native Access abilities. But at least you can use the Access interfaces as front-ends to the SQL Server or its lighter-weight variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom