Hello everyone! (1 Viewer)

Fi_McC

Local time
Today, 01:21
Hello,

I'm a new member trying to do a very rapid zero to hero learn of Access for a new job. I work in theatre and since it's been so quiet this year my boss has got me developing his dream high tech database... with no developer experience at all. I think I will have a lot of questions for you, but I am excited to get to grips with it all!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:21
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

Here are just a couple of tips for you:

1. Feel free to ask any question you like, however basic you may feel it is, or even if it has been answered before. Our expert members thrive on helping you out!

2. If you prefer a dark theme to the forums, just go to the bottom left of this forum and click "Default style". You will then see a selection of themes to choose from. I like Shades of Blue. :)

3. If you like any of the answers you get, feel free to click the "Like" link on the bottom right hand corner of the post. If you hover over the Like link, you can even choose the type of smiley.

Above all, hang around here, have fun, learn stuff and join in.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:21
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your project.

A quick word of advice. Approach Access methodically because that old saying "Haste Makes Waste" is true. In the case of Access projects, the "waste" is "waste of time" as you have to back and retrofit something done hastily.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:21
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:21
@Fi_McC
Welcome to the forum we are glad to have you here!

I would like to second what Doc said. Remember that when you deploy an app for your business, a certain amount of risk is created. Things can go wrong, mistakes can be made, data can be inaccurate/lost/destroyed, the business might take action based on information your app produces - which may be mistakenly incorrect....... etc. The risks are far greater than simply wasted time. Deploying an app that you're unsure of creates a lot of risk. Being unsure is common when new, so my advice would be to go slow enough so that the resulting product is safe for your end-users. Similarly, you would not expect to fly 200 people across the Pacific ocean during your first few weeks in aviation school.

Best of luck, we are here to point you in the right direction as the situations warrant. Everyone is still learning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom