Hello from an amateur Access Programmer, and Antiquing Vlog YouTuber!! 😀😀😀 (1 Viewer)

rbaron

Local time
Today, 11:15
Hi all!!

About me?

I have been programming in MS Access for about 25 years now, since I learned it in College. I love the combination of VB with SQL and macros and queries.... I use it at work, for more than just databases. I've created a program that generates code that programs routers for my provinces telephone company!!! Saves TONS of time and has saved the company thousands in manual programming hours.... it is a program that has grown for years and continues to grow. Not my first MS Access program.

As for YouTube??? My wife (pretty easy on the eyes boys! 😉) and I have been avid antique collectors for 15+ years. We own a home built in 1931, all original inside, and we decorate it with turn-of-the-century antiques!! We buy these antiques for CHEAP at local garage sales, estate sales and yard sales.

Every Monday I'd show up at work with some wild story of an amazing find. 3+ years ago (early 2017) my boss asked me.. "Why aren't you documenting this? You should record it and throw it up on YouTube or something!"... and I agreed! My wife has a real talent for finding AMAZING items WEEKLY, and I knew it wasn't a common thing, and I just had to share it with the world.

Our last name is BARON, and so our YouTube channel, "The Bargain Barons" was born in April 2017.
I wear a go-pro camera right in the middle of my chest, and take YOU with us as we go out and find AMAZING antique treasures at garage sale prices! Out channel has grown to over 13,000+ subscribers, and our channel receives 5k-10k views per day (depending if we put a new video out that day or not), and we are getting new subscribers EVERY DAY!

If you need to take a break, check us out on YouTube! I PROMISE, it's BETTER THAN YOU THINK!
We have a full house tour on our YT channel, plus hours of the funniest most entertaining picking VLOG on the WHOLE INTERNET!
PROMISE!

BARGAIN BARONS

BUT... I didn't actually come here to promote my channel.... I have a problem I'm trying to solve in my MS Access program, and so need to post the que somewhere on this forum.... hopefully someone is able to give me what probably is a simple answer!

Thanks in advance!

I was going to post a link, but not sure if that's allowed.

Rob 'Bargain' Baron

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:15
Welcome!

rbaron

Local time
I sat and thunk it out for myself for an hour or two and managed to figure out a way... I posted my own resolve in my original post in general.. 🤣😂. I look forward to tapping all your brains in the future!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
Feel like I've met you now I've watched one of those videos!

rbaron

Local time
Feel like I've met you now I've watched one of those videos!
AWESOME! :D Thanks!!! =D That is our passion, and we hope to one day have that as our ONLY job. Until then..... work work work lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom