Hello from Canada (1 Viewer)

kattatonic1

Local time
Yesterday, 20:39
Hi there.

Here I am developing databases in Access after about a 12-year break. During that 12-year period I mostly focussed on supporting PPMs and project mgmt tools. Previously I have developed in Access, FileMakerPro, and good old dBASE, multiple versions! Yes, I'm sort of medium ancient. I'm having some fun building things again, I must say. I am enjoying some of the vast improvements in the software. I am also having a hard time finding some really simple things because some terminology dropped out of my brain during my absence, so I am not sure what we call some things I search for, and also because the engine that is Access is so much bigger than it used to be, or so it seems. Using Access 2010, btw. I find myself Googling a lot, and landing here a lot. Thank you already for the help you've provided! Time I joined in, and not just because I have an incredibly simple question today.

I'm in Toronto, btw. The sun is shining & beautiful today. We're starting our Autumn this week. Come visit if you've never seen the trees turn colour! I love to travel.

Hmm. What else? Well, I might add that I first learned the power of connecting with strangers on the Internet when I used a nicotine cessation forum to quit smoking 10 years ago. Not only did I finally quit using their educational tools and support, but I made a bunch of permanent friends from around the globe who also quit around the same time. I've met several of them live in the years since. I won't mention it again because when I was an active smoker there was nothing I hated more than people telling me to quit. However, last mention, if anyone reading would like to quit smoking, message me. I will send you to where I got the information I needed to make my final quit last and find ease and freedom without wanting the dang things ever again.

And that seems more than enough for now.

Kay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom