Hello From Ontario - Not California! (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:45
Living in Ontario, Canada for all of my life. I have tried to keep my Access knowledge out of the cobwebs of my mind by contributing a bit over at Access Forums.net. There are a few posts over there under the same handle/moniker (Micron).

Have entered a few details on my profile page to get started. Not much to say other than what's there, plus that I'm here because Isaldog? recommended that I join. You might know of him at AFN as Ridders52 as do I.

I tend to be a bit of a private person - don't do Facebook, Twitter and all of the other social platforms. Email is OK, but I'd much rather talk to someone as opposed to texting 15 times to get across what we can speak in 20 seconds. That's my bent.

Oh, and you might not get my humour sometimes, so don't automatically assume I'm being disrespectful. As someone once quipped, I have a sense of humour - you just have to look for it. I try to make up for it by helping out. Truth be told, I have at times spent days working on complex Access solutions for others, all free gratis of course. Just in my nature, I guess - not that my wife would agree...

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:45
I understand your stance on Facebook. The way I think of social networks is that I refuse to join them. Now if I could just find some anti-social networks...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Welcome to AWF and I completely understand the humor bit. I have a ability to actually make people mad when I’m trying to make them smile. I always assumed it was them being too sensitive but the number of people I have “victimized” is rather large and continues to grow. Beginning to think it might be me..

Nah, it’s them...definitely

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:45
Hi micron.
Glad you made it here. Your intro doesn't do justice to your high level of skill and knowledge which is certainly evident in the 'few' posts (currently 4448) you have made at AccessForums.net.
Enjoy the party here at AWF. It's a very social network .... most of the time ....far better than Facebook

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Micron.
We have "talked" on AccessForumNet. I had assumed (wrongly) that you were here as well. I do not do Facebook, Twitter etc---must be an age thing.
I agree with the others --your presence here is most welcome.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:45
I do not do Facebook, Twitter etc

Not age just common sense!

I rarely do Twitter only for promotion of my website and that's seldom anyway...

I am increasingly becoming aware that Facebook is just a place for people to gripe about everything and anything... Like the news it is just a Downward Spiral into despair! So I'm gradually weaning myself off it.

I do like Jon's new forum,

The "Mind Tavern"

https://themindtavern.com/community/

although I'm not spending enough time there, indeed I'm not spending that much time on the internet at all lately!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for the accolades. Better to come from the likes of you rather than me blowing my own horn. Yeah, there's more than a "few" posts at AFN; that's just my old "humour" thing cropping up again. Or is it that I'm just a humble guy?

Confession in advance: I may have to join Facebook one day, just to be able to use their messenger app. In Canada, our cell phone charges are about the highest in the world, or so says the news. If we go to Florida, it costs around $55/month per phone for a roaming package that would enable me to use cellular data or calling without paying punishing US roaming charges. That's on top of the usual $35/month fee. Messenger enables texting without using cellular data.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. Patience while I learn the ins and outs of this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom