Hello.... frustrated newbie (1 Viewer)

narrellj

Local time
Today, 13:27
hello all... im an engineering graduate from the US. I only worked as an engineer for 2 years before moving to ops. i moved to dubai and operate my companies rental business. unfortunately i was told excel is no longer going to work and i needed to set up an access database. 😱 i never even heard of access until a few weeks ago. i am currently in a major cram session and get stumped often. really looking forward to support. thanks in advance to all.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:27
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

Here are just a couple of tips for you:

1. Feel free to ask any question you like, however basic you may feel it is, or even if it has been answered before. Our expert members thrive on helping you out!

2. If you prefer a dark theme to the forums, just go to the bottom left of this forum and click "Default style". You will then see a selection of themes to choose from. I like Shades of Blue. :)

3. If you like any of the answers you get, feel free to click the "Like" link on the bottom right hand corner of the post. If you hover over the Like link, you can even choose the type of smiley.

Above all, hang around here, have fun, learn stuff and join in.

Rene vK

Local time
Today, 14:27
Hi, welcome to this group! An advice from an older person: buy two good books, one handling databases and one on using Access vba. Furthermore there are some good online (read YouTube) video series on learning MS Access. they reach from creating a table all through create difficult stuff like programming. Extra advice pick up pencil and paper to create a sketch of what you want to happen with our database. Structure and results like reports.

Good luck, there are allways people online that will help you when your stuck.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:27
@narrellj - First and most important, Welcome.

Second, whoever told you that Excel is "no longer going to work" was certainly not talking about anything Microsoft is going to do. Did that person tell you WHY they thought Excel would not work? This IS an Access forum, but if we think Access is wrong for the specific job we won't hesitate to tell you. Therefore, it is important to us to know WHY that option would not be available IF in fact there is some corporate policy or some corporate decision to exclude Excel solutions.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:27
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:27
Welcome to the forum, narrellj. Doc has asked a very relevant question and many readers will be interested in your response. There are many articles in different formats in the Database Planing and Design link in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom