Hello I am happy to join your forum (1 Viewer)

ahawari002

Local time
Today, 21:12
am using below method (Dlookup) in order to get paid amount "Accrued" to employee by using employee ID (empNo) key to call the information.

"Accrued" is the filed in subform datasheet view that I want to fill, but I am not getting the exact value.

• VacBalCalu : is subform datasheet view
  • temp_CurrentVacDate : is textbox containing table name (domain)
  • Accrued : is a filed in subform datasheet
Forms![VacBalCalu]![Accrued].Value = DLookup("Accrued", "" & [temp_CurrentVacDate] & "", "EmpNo = '" & [EmpNo] & "'")

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-062659_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-062659_Chrome.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_20220510-062739_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-062739_Chrome.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 124

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:12
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:12
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Just FYI, I moved your thread out of the Introduction forum.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:12
The error shows "Can't find field '|1' in ..." - which usually means that in the query to which it refers, something is wrong with the first field. Since I don't read any of the Arabic-related languages, I can only suggest that you look at whatever query or SQL statement is involved and look at how you referenced the first field to be selected.

This error is a "Can't find" error so it is unlikely to be a data type error. It has to be either spelling or the location of the field.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:12
Welcome to the forum!

ahawari002

Local time
The error shows "Can't find field '|1' in ..." - which usually means that in the query to which it refers, something is wrong with the first field. Since I don't read any of the Arabic-related languages, I can only suggest that you look at whatever query or SQL statement is involved and look at how you referenced the first field to be selected.

This error is a "Can't find" error so it is unlikely to be a data type error. It has to be either spelling or the location of the field.
Thank u very much bro for your hints. Regards

ahawari002

Local time

Hello,
I solved the error in this case, but the value I got for only the first record in the table against the key word "employee ID" but I did not get it for the remaining employee list, I believe , I will need to use some kind of a looping method to go through all table and get the values for all employee, but I am not sure which method and How it is applied. If you can help me with that I will be thankful.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:12
When you are talking about a loop, that usually means one of the keyword DO or FOR (at the beginning of the loop) and LOOP or NEXT (at the end of the loop). The loop keeps from being infinite by use the WHILE or UNTIL modifiers. You might wish to read up on those subjects, which you can look up easily.

This link MIGHT help you understand looping better.

You can click past their commercial offerings without accepting any of them.

Going through a bunch of records ALSO usually involves a recordset. Look at this link for some hints.

There is also help available using the SEARCH feature that is in the upper right in the top line of every forum page here at AWF. Do some reading before asking questions... not because we don't like answering questions, but because you might find answers already available to a lot of your questions without having to ask them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom