Hello I'm Cazwaz. I found your website while looking for info about rights of way across golf courses. (1 Viewer)

cazwaz

Local time
Today, 15:12
Hello,
As above re. rights of way across golf courses. I have had some very unpleasant encounters with golfers while walking my dogs, on lead, along a marked right of way across Bamburgh Castle Golf course. I am 70 and have a knee disability but like to get out walking as much as possible. i have had young men waving their arms impatiently to get me to hurry along and had one, young man, charge up to me with his trolley and advise me that I will get hit by a golf ball. I took this as a threat and told him so.
What is it with these golfers ? They seem so rude and entitled. I have to cross a small area of the course to access a lovely cliff top walk and down to a beach. I now feel anxious about walking out now.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure there are a few golfers here who might be able to express an opinion.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I recall @Jon , the forum owner has had some run-ins with golfers!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Don't get me started! It seems once they are dressed as a golfer, pulling a golf trolley, and on the fairway, it triggers their territorial reptilian brain. The rest of it stops thinking! In addition, it appears that many (not all) seem to think they are above non-golfers. It is some kind of elitist delusion they suffer from.

To make matters worse, in my run-ins the golfers refuse to accept that the gof course is also a "common", where the public can go for fresh air and exercise. It even says it is to be shared in their own club handbook! The club itself doesn't help by making numerous legal attempts to remove this "common" status and trying to mislead the public that it is no longer a common. The historical record shows they agreed to purchase the common at a reduced rate so long as it remained a common in perpetuity.

Oh, and the dinosaurs at the local club used to have a ban against women being allowed in the clubhouse.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
the gof course is also a "common", where the public can go for fresh air and exercise.

We on rare occasions have a picnic on our local Common. I just wondered, would you be allowed to have a picnic on your golf course / Common?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think Google picked up some of the conversations on this topic. Funnily enough, I just got back from my daily 30 minute walk on the golf course! I am doing it late afternoons now, which avoids the golfers as the light is fading.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:12
I think they should allow moving targets walkers on golf courses. :p

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We on rare occasions have a picnic on our local Common. I just wondered, would you be allowed to have a picnic on your golf course / Common?
Maybe I will set up a barbecue on the green.

I can see why Cazwaz found this site. From Google:

1635358056246.png

I used this search term: crowborough golf club common rights of way

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
We have public footpaths on the golf course I'm a member of.
Because we are out in the sticks we get loads of ramblers and have put extra signage up to help them find their way around the rights of way paths.
We do own the land but have no problem with the walkers and their access around various parts of the course.
We frequently have to point them in the right general direction or get asked where they should head, and I'm not aware of anyone ever getting upset about it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:12
Now this is a good thread! I personally do not think much of Cow-Pasture-Pool(billiards) and almost got into a fist fight once for picking up the wrong ball...but to each their own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom