Solved Hello!.. In need of some assistance. Access Form VBA code (1 Viewer)

KCollins

Local time
Today, 09:52
Hello helpful community,
I was wonderful if you could provide some assistance. I have a access database with a form and macros included. I have membership data that requires to be exported into its own folder. Is there a VBA code that can be created to have members exported into it's own separate folder based off the "MEMBER ID". I provided below a sample file. Thank you so much for your help
MEMBER IDLAST NAMEFIRST NAMEDOB
111111111DOEJOHN1/11/1111
222222222DOEJANE2/22/2222
333333333DOEJILL3/33/3333
444444444DOEJOSEPH4/44/4444

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:52
Not sure I understand your question. Data normally resides in a table. What exactly do you want to export to a folder?

KCollins

Local time
So sorry for the confusion, I would like to use a VBA code to export a file from my access database to a specific folder. For example the folders I have on my desktop are titled by "MEMBER I". I would like members with that same member ID to be exported to excel in that "MEMBER ID" folder that matches the member ID in the access database table.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You can use TransferSpreadsheet to export a table or a query. But we need more information. It doesn't make any sense to export the table you included to a folder for a specific MemberID. They would get all the records. And if you used a query that selected one member at a time, you could do it but exporting a file with one record also doesn't make much sense.

I frequently have to do things like export sales data summaries by person so that each person can calculate his own commission and make sure there are no errors. Are you doing something like that?

We don't want to confuse you with irrelevant solutions so please clarify.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I see nothing in the thread that might have given you an "answer". All we did was to ask questions. But, if you're happy, we're happy:)

KCollins

Local time
Hello Pat, the solution provided in the previous thread was the answer to my question. I was able to successfully export the file. Thank you

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you had a separate thread, I didn't notice it. I know you're new here but starting a second thread on the same topic without closing or referencing the first wastes our time so please don't do it.
Thanks for replying though:)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:52
think this is a language issue - OP meant previous post - postcount is only 4, all on this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom