Hello World! (1 Viewer)

J.Burt

Local time
Today, 03:38
Good Evening, Morning, or Afternoon! After searching through the forum for a couple days, I decided to register. I currently live and work in Southern California and somewhat recently took over managing an Access database. I work at an Aviation Unit for the county I live in which happens to be the only aviation asset in our county. We fly approximately 1000-1200 hours a year for fire suppression, search and rescue, medivacs, law enforcement, maintenance, etc.... All of these flights are logged in Access, with date, time, hours, personnel, equipment, location, etc... I have the great job of facilitating and conduction all of the training for our organization and am attempting to set up some queries and reports to show currency for our pilots, crew chiefs, and flight medics. I have already gleaned much from this forum and I thank everyone for that, but apologize for future questions. I have zero Access knowledge, but have a little experience programming in C++ as a youth and other languages.

Thank you for the help.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:38
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Welcome @J.Burt to the best online forum for MS Access Developers.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:38
Hello, J.Burt, and welcome to the forum.

Dig up your old programming info, particularly if you previously dealt with procedural languages such as BASIC or FORTRAN or even C variants. Access uses Visual BASIC for Applications, which is a data-typing language that isn't ALWAYS persnickety about data types. Just now and then.

Since you are new to Access, it would also be a good idea for you to learn about database normalization if you are not currently familiar with it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
Today, 07:38
Welcome! Funny we have a similar job... but I handle crews working in oil & gas industry in Brazil.

Hope you find all the help you need as the guys "working" here are really great in Access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom