Hello (1 Viewer)

Local time
Yesterday, 19:22
Hello! Excited to be a member of this forum. I am mainly an excel user but have recently taken a deep dive into MS Access. Although I have been using access since the days of using the access basic language back in the mid 90’s, I have only used Access occasionally since then. I am currently working on a Food Service Management Database and believe Access is the way to go with it. I am self taught and just delving into VBA. After browsing through this forum, I believe it to be the best neighborhood to ask questions and solve problems as I move forward! I look forward to share ideas with all.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:22
I am mainly an excel user but have recently taken a deep dive into MS Access.

Welcome to Access World Forums (AWF)

(I've copied the following from a recent post, to save typing it again!)

One of the major problems for people new to MS Access is that they generally have experience with Microsoft Excel and assume MS Access is practically the same as Excel, but with data handling features... This misconception leads to some major design mistakes right off the bat...

I've covered it in my blog Excel in Access here, https://www.niftyaccess.com/excel-in-access/

And my most recent answer to an OP question here:- Filter Fleet City to Return Rate might give you an insight into the issue based on a real world problem.

Sent from Newbury UK

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:22
Welcome to AWF. I hope we can help.
I suggest you change your user name if that's a real email address

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:22
Welcome to the AWF, SDL.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:22
Welcome to AWF.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:22
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 21:22
I am self taught
as am I, which is the best way to go. more than likely if you are self taught like you say, you won't have any problems relating your problems and explaining your areas of knowledge in plain English. :)
After browsing through this forum, I believe it to be the best neighborhood to ask questions and solve problems
certainly no question there. welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom