Hello! (1 Viewer)

Nancy2021

Local time
Today, 18:19
Hello! I work for a school district and have created at access database to track chronic absentee students with the goal of generating letters for each student with a graph. I started out self taught, took a two day training, and have taken a class at a local community college (was not what I excepted, and didn't help as much as I had hoped). Before the two day training and the class I was assured they could help me achieve the results I was looking for, and each got me closer, but I'm still not getting the final product I am hoping for. I'm not even sure what I want to do is possible at this point.... I've read your read me first and will be looking through the forums for help and probably posting soon! Thank you for being here to help!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:19
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:19
First... Hello, Nancy, and welcome to the forum.

Second...

I'm not even sure what I want to do is possible at this point....

Here is a simple test. Looking over the data you have, can you do what you want - by hand? If you can do it on paper in a formalized (but manual) procedure, the odds are quite good that you can do it with Access. Not saying "trivially easy." But possible.

When asking for help on this (or, in fact, on any other project), be sure to ask questions that include a non-code, non-techie description of the goal. Then, if you are having trouble with a specific bit of syntax, include a snippet of whatever you ARE doing, and be specific about what happens, or what doesn't happen - but should have. Think of us like a doctor's office. Don't just come in and say "I don't feel so good." Tell us what ails you and we might fix you up properly. Post your questions in one of the specialized topic forums. They get the most attention.

Nancy2021

Local time
Today, 18:19
First... Hello, Nancy, and welcome to the forum.

Second...

Here is a simple test. Looking over the data you have, can you do what you want - by hand? If you can do it on paper in a formalized (but manual) procedure, the odds are quite good that you can do it with Access. Not saying "trivially easy." But possible.

When asking for help on this (or, in fact, on any other project), be sure to ask questions that include a non-code, non-techie description of the goal. Then, if you are having trouble with a specific bit of syntax, include a snippet of whatever you ARE doing, and be specific about what happens, or what doesn't happen - but should have. Think of us like a doctor's office. Don't just come in and say "I don't feel so good." Tell us what ails you and we might fix you up properly. Post your questions in one of the specialized topic forums. They get the most attention.
Thank you! I have posted a question in one of the forums that is pretty general. If I can get that part to work, I'm sure there will be more questions to follow!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:19
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom