Help Formatting Addresses in a Text Field (1 Viewer)

Fanflame

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:16
Hi,

I have been using Access for several years but always in a basic way. I have started work on a Members database where the addresses have been pasted in from Notepad. In Notepad they look like this:

'Oakdale' 123 Expression Road
Name of Town
Name of County
Postcode

Sometimes the addresses have 4 lines and sometime they also have the name of a village which makes it 5 lines. When imported into Access they also view (datasheet view) in the same way with the return at the end of each line. However, I cannot enter a new address in this manner directly into Access.

How can I enter the address text into a text filed and be able to format it so that it looks like the above? :confused:

I have searched many times for an answer to this but cannot find a way of explaining it that search engines understand. I first came across this 12 years ago when I worked on a massive Members database for a radio station all the addresses where formatted in the same way and had been imported through csv. When I do this the csv file marks up the text as "'Oakdale' 123 Expression Road□Name of Town□Name of County□Postcode"

I have tried exporting to csv ad then importing it into GMAIL and this works fine I have also printed off labels and envelopes and all the addresses print fine too; I just don't know how to input it in that format other than pasting all addresses through a basic text file.

Many thanks for your help and practical suggestions.

At present I am still using Access 2003 - I have got 2007 but didn't really like it so switch back and stayed there!

fanflame

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom