Help me! (1 Viewer)

GaDauBac

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:32
I have a table of Feilds:
- Product ID
- Product's name
- Date of product use (Format dd / mm / yyyy)
- Warranty end date (Format dd / mm / yyyy)
- CheckEndDate (Yes / No)
I want Access to remind me once a month on the correct product use day until the end of the warranty. When the warranty ends, check CheckEnddate. Please help me or give me a demo file.
Thank you very much!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

It's bedtime for me now, but I'll take a look in the morning, if no one does by then.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:32
A little more info, please. So... the "once per month" rolls around. Do you want to automatically mark it as used on that date (when the reminder goes up)? Or is there something else to be done so that you manually update the use date?

GaDauBac

Local time
I just want to remind me once a month, when the 12 months are full, then automatically check the CHECKENDDATE field, when CHECKENDDATE, checked, not the next time. Thanks.
Thank you for your enthusiastic help, please sympathize with me because I don't know English, so thanks to Google translater, so maybe I can't express all the meaning.
I just want to have 1 automatic notification (Msgbox) when it comes to product maintenance date when the product is due 1 month.
For example: If a product has a UserDate of 5/15/2020, it will be announced on June 15, 2020, July 15, 2020, August 15, 2020, September 15, 2020, October 15, 2020, 15 / 11/2020, December 15, 2020, January 15, 2021, February 15, 2021, March 15, 2021, April 15, 2021, to May 15, 2021, the notice has expired and maintenance automatically marks Check for EndDate.
Please sympathize with me!
Have a good day and please help me out.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:32
see this demo. once you close the reminder form, it will remind you again Next month.

Attachments

• Help.accdb
    520 KB · Views: 176

GaDauBac

Local time
see this demo. once you close the reminder form, it will remind you again Next month.
Thank you!
But I mean when I click the "Test" button in the "TestRemindOneMonth" Form, it will automatically check and notify me the list of Products has been full for 1 month.
For example: The list of Products with DateUse = 26/3/2020 will be announced on April 26, 2020; May 26, 2020, June 26, 2020 ................... to March 26, 2021 will automatically mark Check = Yes and no notice again.
Thanks!

Attachments

• TestRemindOneMonth.accdb
    676 KB · Views: 157

GaDauBac

Local time
A little more info, please. So... the "once per month" rolls around. Do you want to automatically mark it as used on that date (when the reminder goes up)? Or is there something else to be done so that you manually update the use date?
But I mean when I click the "Test" button in the "TestRemindOneMonth" Form, it will automatically check and notify me the list of Products has been full for 1 month.
For example: The list of Products with DateUse = 26/3/2020 will be announced on April 26, 2020; May 26, 2020, June 26, 2020 ................... to March 26, 2021 will automatically mark Check = Yes and no notice again.
Thanks!

Attachments

676 KB · Views: 156

arnelgp

Local time
check if i understand your instruction.

Attachments

592 KB · Views: 158

GaDauBac

Local time
check if i understand your instruction.
Thank you for your enthusiastic help, please sympathize with me because I don't know English, so thanks to Google translater, so maybe I can't express all the meaning.
I just want to have 1 automatic notification (Msgbox) when it comes to product maintenance date when the product is due 1 month.
For example: If a product has a UserDate of 5/15/2020, it will be announced on June 15, 2020, July 15, 2020, August 15, 2020, September 15, 2020, October 15, 2020, 15 / 11/2020, December 15, 2020, January 15, 2021, February 15, 2021, March 15, 2021, April 15, 2021, to May 15, 2021, the notice has expired and maintenance automatically marks Check for EndDate.
Please sympathize with me!
Have a good day and please help me out.
Thank you very much.

arnelgp

Local time
here check again.

Attachments

600 KB · Views: 156

GaDauBac

Local time
here check again.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Sorry, it's still not right for me. I send you once again the implementation chart so that you can better understand my intentions.
Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 163

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Another question: Since 11 months have a number of days that do not come out even for the number of weeks, that means that at some point in that cycle, you will have something due on a weekend. The hard part of this - as stated - is that to get your reminder means you would have to click this "Ask" button EVERY DAY, 7 days a week, forever.

Is it acceptable to update the product use date field as a way to know that a reminder has been issued? That way, if you were away from this database for a day or a weekend, it would be possible to "catch" not only the due items, but any overdue items. If it is NOT acceptable to update your product use date, then your table is incomplete. You need one more field to support the date of the last reminder.

arnelgp

Local time
i dont understand.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

GaDauBac

Local time
Another question: Since 11 months have a number of days that do not come out even for the number of weeks, that means that at some point in that cycle, you will have something due on a weekend. The hard part of this - as stated - is that to get your reminder means you would have to click this "Ask" button EVERY DAY, 7 days a week, forever.

Is it acceptable to update the product use date field as a way to know that a reminder has been issued? That way, if you were away from this database for a day or a weekend, it would be possible to "catch" not only the due items, but any overdue items. If it is NOT acceptable to update your product use date, then your table is incomplete. You need one more field to support the date of the last reminder.
Thanks for your enthusiastic help.
I attach the activity diagram of the "Test" button.
Captur.JPG

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have looked at your file from your post #1. The form you supplied is empty. The table you supplied looks like the pictures in post #15. In that example from post #1 you didn't even have a CHECK button.

I understand that we are facing a language barrier so I will try to keep my questions simple and direct. Take your time to read them.

When you click your desired CHECK button, what (if anything) is supposed to happen to the DateUse fields?

In your description, it is clear that when the DateUse field is either today's date or some date in the past, it will show up in the list. That is not really very tricky. This part, however, is tricky. Suppose you click the button and get a list of things that need attention. What if you did not get around to performing the maintenance? OR how does your application know that you DID perform maintenance?

The problem is that your system has to EITHER assume that when the records come up, the maintenance will occur OR it has to have a separate way to be updated to reflect that maintenance actually occurred. Since this is YOUR system, I cannot answer that question. It will be up to you to tell us how that update (or non-update) needs to work.

GaDauBac

Local time
i dont understand.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:
In short: I just want to click on any button on any form, the event happens: open me a list provided that the date of usedate is equal to the current date.
Apply to what I will develop it

Attachments

• Captur.JPG
    Captur.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 158

GaDauBac

Local time
I have looked at your file from your post #1. The form you supplied is empty. The table you supplied looks like the pictures in post #15. In that example from post #1 you didn't even have a CHECK button.

I understand that we are facing a language barrier so I will try to keep my questions simple and direct. Take your time to read them.

When you click your desired CHECK button, what (if anything) is supposed to happen to the DateUse fields?

In your description, it is clear that when the DateUse field is either today's date or some date in the past, it will show up in the list. That is not really very tricky. This part, however, is tricky. Suppose you click the button and get a list of things that need attention. What if you did not get around to performing the maintenance? OR how does your application know that you DID perform maintenance?

The problem is that your system has to EITHER assume that when the records come up, the maintenance will occur OR it has to have a separate way to be updated to reflect that maintenance actually occurred. Since this is YOUR system, I cannot answer that question. It will be up to you to tell us how that update (or non-update) needs to work.
In short: I just want to click on any button on any form, the event happens: open me a list provided that the date of usedate is equal to the current date.
Apply to what I will develop it

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Without knowing what you intend to do about the DateUse, I cannot offer insights. I need to know if you intend to totally automate the update, manually update, or NOT update the DateUse field on the day of requirement maintenance. Otherwise, I will write a query that doesn't fit your needs.

The query that you need would be something similar to

Code:
SELECT ProductID, ProductName, DateUse, DateEnd, CheckDateEnd, Message
FROM TestRemindOneMonth
WHERE DateUse <= Date() ;

The main problem with the above query is what you intended to do about a product actually selected by this query. Unless you define a strategy to take something off the list after maintenance, you will continue to see more and more items and you would NEVER be able to get rid of them.

The selection query for the CheckDateEnd case would resemble

Code:
SELECT ProductID, ProductName, DateUse, DateEnd, CheckDateEnd, Message
FROM TestRemindOneMonth
WHERE (DateEnd <= Date() )  and ( CheckDateEnd = 0 ) ;

The action query to actually set the CheckDateEnd flag would resemble

Code:
UPDATE TestRemindOneMonth SET CheckDateEnd = ( DateEnd <= Date() ) WHERE CheckDateEnd = 0 ;

arnelgp

Local time
here is another demo.
the demo on previous did not show any reminder
because your [UseDate] is advance (will Be Used on next month April, today is only march).

Attachments

620 KB · Views: 168

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom