Help me! (1 Viewer)

GaDauBac

Local time
Today, 18:55
here is another demo.
the demo on previous did not show any reminder
because your [UseDate] is advance (will Be Used on next month April, today is only march).
In Query or Form (GuaranteeComputer), I want to:
- CheckOutOfDate = True when OutOfDate <= Current date.
- MaintenaceDate = OutOfDate but less than 11 months (Example: OutOfDate = 25/03/2022 recorded automatically in MaintenaceDate = 25/4/2021)
Love!

Attachments

• GuaranteeComputer.accdb
    4.6 MB · Views: 87

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:55
see GuaranteeComputer Form.

Attachments

4.6 MB · Views: 96

GaDauBac

Local time
In Query or Form (GuaranteeComputer), I want to:
- CheckOutOfDate = True when OutOfDate <= Current date.
- MaintenaceDate = OutOfDate but less than 11 months (Example: OutOfDate = 25/03/2022 recorded automatically in MaintenaceDate = 25/4/2021)
Love!

Attachments

4.6 MB · Views: 79

GaDauBac

Local time
Without knowing what you intend to do about the DateUse, I cannot offer insights. I need to know if you intend to totally automate the update, manually update, or NOT update the DateUse field on the day of requirement maintenance. Otherwise, I will write a query that doesn't fit your needs.

The query that you need would be something similar to

Code:
SELECT ProductID, ProductName, DateUse, DateEnd, CheckDateEnd, Message
FROM TestRemindOneMonth
WHERE DateUse <= Date() ;

The main problem with the above query is what you intended to do about a product actually selected by this query. Unless you define a strategy to take something off the list after maintenance, you will continue to see more and more items and you would NEVER be able to get rid of them.

The selection query for the CheckDateEnd case would resemble

Code:
SELECT ProductID, ProductName, DateUse, DateEnd, CheckDateEnd, Message
FROM TestRemindOneMonth
WHERE (DateEnd <= Date() )  and ( CheckDateEnd = 0 ) ;

The action query to actually set the CheckDateEnd flag would resemble

Code:
UPDATE TestRemindOneMonth SET CheckDateEnd = ( DateEnd <= Date() ) WHERE CheckDateEnd = 0 ;
Can you give me a demo file?

GaDauBac

Local time
on the form, you input the OutOfDate!
how will it work when you don't have that date!
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic help.
Here I want it to automatically write to the OutOfDate field. Field OutOfDate will be equal to Field UserDate + 12 months.
Next it will automatically write to the Field MaintenanceDate. Field MaintenanceDate will be equal to Field OutOfDate - 11 months.
Love!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:55
again check

Attachments

4.6 MB · Views: 86

GaDauBac

Local time
again checkHello!
You can make changes to the [Maintenance Date] field once a month until the Departure Date does not change.
This means it changes once a month.
For example:
- OutOfDate = 27/3/2021
- Maintenance date = 27/4/2021
Then 1 month Maintenance Day = 27/5/2021
If OutOfDate = Current date will not change
At stops: - MaintenanceDate = OutOfDate
Thank you!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:55
Will you help me?
Hi. It just happens to be bedtime again here right now, but I thought you've already gotten help. I'll take another look in the morning.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:55
Looking at what has happened in this forum so far, I have to ask: Is this a business, personal, or class project?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:55
Is there a misunderstanding?
I always like to tailor my response according to the nature of the request because that can affect urgency. The context of the problem can help us to determine which approaches would be effective and which ones would be useless. For instance, if this is a work project, we can talk about workarounds - but for a class project, your instructor will probably not accept alternatives. With a personal project, almost any approach will work because those are usually the most flexible.

GaDauBac

Local time
I always like to tailor my response according to the nature of the request because that can affect urgency. The context of the problem can help us to determine which approaches would be effective and which ones would be useless. For instance, if this is a work project, we can talk about workarounds - but for a class project, your instructor will probably not accept alternatives. With a personal project, almost any approach will work because those are usually the most flexible.
I think I'm a beginner to M.Access. I always appreciate your tutorials and samples
Thanks!

GaDauBac

Local time
You are very difficult, I just study to complete the assignments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom