Help needed once again- Find inconsistencies (1 Viewer)

Ricky

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:54
Ill try to give a little background on this to make it easier to understand. I've had a on going project for some 7 months. The project consists of taking forms that have barcodes and scanning those forms in. We take the Persons ID field [EID] and note their election; they only have 2 choices Continue or Convert [CHOICE].

Originally the person heading up the project decided to use a barcode wand and we found there to be many discrepancies on the recorded elections. I have had the forms rescanned using an automatic method that calculated properly. I now need to go back and compare the results.

So (whew) I have 2 tables GR2 and PPR both contain the same fields [EID] and [CHOICE]. The PPR contains the automatic scans whereas GR2 has the manual barcode wand. I would like to compare the [CHOICE] fields in each and find the errors. Also compare the [EID] fields and find out if we missed any. I've tried several methods by searching in this forum, but have not had any success with this. Can anyone lend a hand, or point me in the right direction? TIA!!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:54
You need to separate this into three queries.
1. compare data fields of records where PersonsId exists in both tables.
2. List rows from GR2 table with PersonsID not in PPR.
3. List rows from PPR table with PersonsID not in GR2.

2 and 3 can be easily built using the find unmatched wizard.

To build query 1,
1) Add both the PPR and GR2 tables to the QBE grid.
2) Select all the columns from both tables.
3) Draw a join line to connect the PersonsID columns in the two tables.
4) In the criteria field for the EID column of the GR2 table type -
<> [PPR].[EID]
5) In the criteria field for the CHOICE column of the GR2 table type -
<> [PPR].[CHOICE]

Ricky

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:54
Thanks !!

Pat you are one of the most helpful people on this great board. Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom